I miss wine tastings

I haven’t done any wine tastings for more than a month, consequently purchase has come to a halt. :frowning:

Same here. Would go to two weekly store tastings where I buy my easy drinkers so none bought lately.

I think we all do. I’ve started breaking into my “I really want to open this with other people who will enjoy it” stash of wine on the grounds that I have no idea when that will become possible.

While I understand adjusting to this too, we’re finding ways to bridge the gap. Join a Zoom event, heck, set one up and get people together if you are not already. It’s not the same as being in person with people you love to drink with and sharing wine, but this isn’t an all or nothing scenario here.

I’m inching dangerously close to that stage, especially as I have no access to my offiste…

Just what we have been doing. Person to person contact and conversations with our friends are important to maintain. Zoom and other digital contact for now help and are still enjoyable. This is the new norm for now and we can adjust until things start to normalize (not sure when but it will get there) Just sharing our stories our fears is what makes us human

Did a whole post on how to share the same btl of wines with friends.

Works great!

Virtual tastings have been working really well for my friends and I. We have another in a few hours.

There are hundreds of things you could list under the “I miss…” topic. It would take a fortnight to list them all.

Being in an area where there are no tastings during normal times makes me wish for nothing I didn’t already have.

I know guys miss them, but the zooms and Fu concept - which I haven’t tried yet- are great options. I have made some new friends this method that I would have not have made sans Covid.

Attend one zoom tasting knowing you’ll never attend another one.

And you will come back for more.

My wife said “do you think these zoom tastings will last?”

I think it’s the future. Winery sends a couple of bottles to 50 people and hostva private tasting with the winemaker.

Cedric Mousse riding around his vineyard on his Segway? Sweet Jesus!

I guess I was confused by the OP. Does it mean large trade events? Or just sharing wine with a few friends, which I wouldn’t call “tastings”.

But you’re still drinking wine every day right?

I am talking about wine store tastings. I saw a tweet today “I miss grocery store food samples”, hence my post.

The part I don’t understand is no buying. This board alone makes me want to buy more wine than I can afford. Then there are all of the “necessary” annual (or nearly) purchases.

This is my wine purchase pattern: I taste it, like it, then I take home a bottle, if I still like it when I finish it, I buy a case, if the case runs out fast, I buy more cases, if the store runs out, I search the net and order more.
I am lucky enough to live in an area where many wine stores offering weekly free tastings, some even offer sit down tastings for special wine makers occasionally. Then there are wine events and winery visits etc. I rarely buy a bottle without tasting it first. Now all the tasting halted, I have no choice but cycle through what I accumulated but I really miss the discovery of a new flavor, a new wine maker, and sometimes a new varietal.

I miss visiting the wineries dearly. I love the beautiful scenery and for such a small tasting fee love that I can try so much variety.

Me too. I have 3 wine groups, a lunch and dinner group and a blind tasting group and I’ve missed them majorly. Some of us did a Zoom tasting last week and I foresee more forthcoming if this distancing et al goes on for much longer.