What else do you keep in your wine cellar?

With us buying in greater quantities to minimize trips to the store (or deliveries), I find things other than wine are finding a home in the wine cellar. While my wife has always stored her Cannoli shells in the cellar, and we keep the “good” olive oil in there, it now also contains vacuum-packed coffee beans and nuts. I think the potatoes may do well in there too, but I’m reluctant because the bags aren’t sealed like the nuts and coffee. What, besides wine, do other folks keep in their cellars?

Money. But as bottles got added, money was removed. Funny coincidence.

Bourbon, barrels and bottles.

The 30 bottle mini wine fridge near the kitchen is a good place to store chocolate.

Olive oil. A case of Ricard (just to keep it out of the way).

Bourbon, chocolate and olive oil

Sigh

My wife puts her wines/sherry and assorted chocolates in my home cav (though I have told her repeatedly to just buy her own cav).

My eldest son puts his Scotch, Irish & Japanese whiskies there as well.

It’s gotten worse since the COVID-19 lockdown; since we (myself, wife & sons) spend most of our time upstairs (where my home cav is located). I’ve seen packets of dried figs, dried apricots, jamón Ibérico, much more chocolate products; even yogurt, sometimes butter.

It’s gotten pretty ridiculous; but, aside from the odd snide remark, I let things slide.

Wine, whisky and a note pad for my better half to record what she takes from the cellar so I can update the inventory on my pc. I did create a declassified wall of ready to drink wines that have already been recorded, but she likes to challenge my organizational skills. :slight_smile:
H

In addition to the various things mentioned above (wine, whisky, olive oil primarily), we also keep antique Japanese art in there at the moment. Up until recently, we had a lot of workers coming through our house, and it’s the only room that locks. So we have a number of antique screens, scrolls and wood work stored there. Whatever isn’t already well attached to the walls.

Chocolate, good olive oil, Medjool dates,cognac & Armagnac and, of course, Champagne !

Beer. If the beer is from a refrigerator cabinet at the store it goes into my fridge. But otherwise, I store it on the table top in my wine cellar.

Olive oil, wineglasses,and decanters.

Some beers, Scotch, Bourbon, and a small cigar humidor

Olive oil.

I’ve been thinking of storing old color slides, because the humidity in mine isn’t too high. Maybe old B&W photos and negatives, too.

olive oil, a little beer, bourbon.

A little beer, but that’s about it.

Hmm, herb…I’m a child of the '60’s.

A whole lot of memories…

No mentions of mice, spiders, crickets, pillbugs?? [wow.gif]

Olive oil that we buy in bulk from Toby’s Feedlot. My “bar” is located there, mostly in boxes, where it will stay until space gets allocated by the local authority.