TN: 2018 Dirty and Rowdy Carignane Old Vine Rosewood Vineyards

I had not ripped into a young D&R in some time, so I took one of these for a spin last night.

• 2018 Dirty and Rowdy Carignane Old Vine Rosewood Vineyards - USA, California, North Coast, Redwood Valley (4/27/2020)
    Upfront juicy fruit, cranberry and raspberry bursts. Still very primary, it’s medium to light bodied, mouthwatering acidity and extremely crushable right now. After about 30 minutes it picked up a background briary/earthy note and I swear I was coaxing a smoked meat note in the background. It stiffins up a bit with air. It will most likely develop some nuance in time, and it needs it, but take it for a ride now and just have fun. Served on the cool side and let it warm in glass.

Posted from CellarTracker

2 Likes

Thanks for the notes D!

How were the tannins? I remember feeling that it was the most structured / powerful wine in the Fall release.

I have a loose bottle in a wine fridge at home that has being eyeing me the past few weeks.

I get the structure is there, but it did not strike me as overly tannic/powerful. A lot of fruit still. I have 1/2 bottle remaining to check on tonight. Cheers, buddy, hope you are well!

My TN:\

• 2018 Dirty and Rowdy Carignane Old Vine Rosewood Vineyards - USA, California, North Coast, Redwood Valley (4/17/2020)
    Opened with a very lively freshness and considerable interest. After a few minutes it shut down. Still OK, but muted. After three days in the fridge with a Repour, it emerged smooth, well-balanced with good length. Notes of red fruit. Drinks very well. The flavor sort of sneaks up behind you, not as in-your-face as many D&R cuvées. Still on the young side and needs some time to really show its stuff, so I’m letting my other bottles rest for a while.

Posted from CellarTracker

Uncorked this yesterday for games today. Tannic but robust cranberry fruit explodes now.

High delicious factor. Grilling sausages soon.

2 Likes

OK then. Time to open one.

2 Likes

Nice man, really great to hear!! Sitting on a few of these as the first one I tried shortly after release was not ready at all. Pumped to crack one of these soon - thanks for the update!

Opened a bottle and grabbed a quick sip, and to me it’s freshly crushed raspberries. Fun stuff.

2 Likes