Biggio Hamina Quarantine Fun!

Our shipment of quarantine aged wines arrived today. We could hardly wait to try these “babies”. Opened a 2007 Willamette Valley Pinot

Color:Medium to light with ever so slight hint unfiltered appearance

Nose: umami on the nose with mushroom and strawberry rhubarb pie notes, with a hint of forest floor; low alcohol on the nose- Outstanding nose–almost do not want to take a sip, but we do!

Palate: high tones with polished tannins, red fruits are present, but not overly extracted -more cranberry/red cherry flavors. Finish is not extensive, but incredibly pleasing with perfect acidity enticing you to take the next sip! Simply Delicious and we will be enjoying this beauty tonight.

Thank you Todd for a truly ‘shitty’ 2007 Pinot [wink.gif]

Damn, I was going to give these at least a week to stand to let the fine sediment settle.

I think don’t worry. I cracked my 2007 after two days upright without issue, besides it needing an hour to open up. Kriete’s note above I think captures this wine well, just a lovely experience.

Emily and I would concur with the above note
It is a lovely wine

Edited to say

Thank you for my first shitty 2007 Oregon Pinot

I’m here to help.

Here’s my notes on 2 of them:

2011 WV Pinot Noir - A lovely example of elegant OR Pinot that’s mostly secondary and moving into tertiary; imo, this is drinking perfectly right now and should continue to over the next few years. Loses a little bit on day 2 but still quite nice.

2009 Deux Vert Pinot - Wow, what a contrast to the 2011! Initially like drinking a bowl of berries, quite youthful and round in body with some nice streaks of green adding complexity. Even more pronounced on day 2, with an intriguing note of tobacco developing on the nose. This should continue improving and age effortlessly for another 5+ years.

Appreciate Todd so much for all the amazing wine at fantastic pricing.

I also opened a 2011 WV and a 2009 DV.

Similar notes to Alex on the 2011. Elegant, light, red berry forward with plenty of acid and likely will last for a few years more. Needed a bit of air to open up but after 30 min it was fantastic.

2009 DV was way more bold and deep in contrast to the 11 WV. An excellent wine! I will say that on day 2, for me, the 09 broke down significantly after a night in the fridge under gas. Much of the fruit faded so I’m more in the drink now camp on this one.

Thanks, Todd!

Ok, I caved and opened one tonight.

2008 Biggio Hamina Pinot Noir Ana Vineyard

Dark and brooding on the nose. Dried blackberry, black currant, black cherries, and figs complement organic earth, wet leaves, leather, and tar. Almost nebbiolo-like in its non-fruit character. Maintains great concentration and roundness on the palate, with integrated dusty tannins. The finish is mostly savory notes of baking spice, organic earth, and forest floor. In a great spot right now.

All these sound wonderful. missed out on that offer from Todd. Stoked to see some many folks picking up library wines.

Sean

Well, there are single vineyard PN’s from 2007 (Deux Vert & Momtazi) that I can put in a mixed vintage 6er for $265 for those who are interested. There’s 07, 08, 09, 10, 13 Old Farm, 14-17 to chose from. I’m pretty flexible these days.

In for a six pack. Happy to back fill the cellar. [berserker.gif]

Thanks Todd!

Chris, I’ll answer this q for everybody. 2007 Momtazi is in a very nice spot right now and I suspect that will continue for another 4 years. Is this a twenty year wine? I don’t know, but it has the stuffing and should remain interesting for awhile longer. The 2010 Deux Vert is just coming into its own and i believe it is a wine that can go for decades. But if you have to crack one, by all means please do so. I think it’s a twenty year wine.

Had the 2007 Willamette Valley Pinot last night…we couldn’t wait to pop one. I think my wife put it best…elegant but with structure. Beautiful wine and we’re very excited to have been introduced to Todd and his wines through this site.

Thanks everyone. If you have any questions, just let me know.

Do you have anymore 2010 DeuxVert Pino?

There’s a case left. Ish.