Wine e-commerce post COVID

This is an interesting article on Wine-Searcher about how alcohol e-commerce has been affected by the pandemic and its potential impact going forward. I would be interested in the view and observations from some of the ITB on the board.

https://www.wine-searcher.com/m/2020/04/will-covid-19-change-online-wine-forever?utm_source=Wine+Market+Journal+Subscribers+and+CellarTracker+Opt-Ins&utm_campaign=9efeeb5909-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_04_23_10_23&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_051cc23832-9efeeb5909-252012361

The times they are a changin’…Still can’t wait to go to a winery though!!!

disclaimer, this is my business, but we are working quickly to add a live wine list feature to our inventory platform which allows for browsing a restaurant wine list on your iphone as physical menus will be difficult/impossible to use. since it’s digital as opposed to a pdf etc., you can sort, search, filter, save, etc. I think that covid basically will accelerate many trends already in motion, and wine will certainly be one of them.

Ah who knows. Never heard of drizly before this whole outbreak, maybe they die when the virus goes away too?

I just hope it weakens retailers and distributors here enough that we can get rid of the three-tier system and finally get shipping laws changed.

Amen!

lobby too strong. Too much $ being doled out. Never happen.