De Negoce offer (Part 1)

Only $120 case for Napa fruit plus shipping? I’m in for a case…not much risk…

5 Likes

Site not processing payment currently.

2 Likes

I used Paypal and it went through.

1 Like

Was able to order after a few glitches. Cool project.

3 Likes

Not much info? I like to know a bit more than where the grapes came from and how much it costs.

1 Like

2018 so couldn’t be too terrible

$120 for a case.

Tasting: Opaque in the glass with a dusky plum rim. Dusty blackberry coffeecake with hints of cassis that take on weight as the wine opens up. Before you know it, blueberry, dark chocolate and hazelnut come to the fore before shifting to dusty plums, graphite and earth. Youthful and gregarious, this ever-shifting Cabernet is ripe with complexity. Smooth on entry with chocolate, plums and blackberry fruit coating youthful tannins that dominate the lengthy finish. Well balanced.

Appellation: 74% Napa Valley (vineyard sandwiched between Coombsville and Atlas Peak AVA’s), 21% Coombsville, and 5% Rutherford.

2 Likes

Yep, that’s about as much info as you get with Kirkland Signature Napa and it’s also $10 (and not something I want to drink or a case of taking room in my cellar)

1 Like

Somebody posted a link to a SF Chronicle review of the wine in the other thread.

Do you understand how his model works? What sort of additional information are you looking for? He tells you the vintage, where the grapes come from, and gives you a tasting note (for what that’s worth). Did you want to know the name of the wine maker? The astrological sign of the tasting room manager’s dog?
At $10 a bottle, given the track record of Mr. Hughes, I don’t know why anyone would need additional information. Whether or not you buy it, that is entirely a judgment call on your part.

1 Like

Wish I didn’t miss this thread…just signed up. Hopefully not too late.

Alcohol by volume and oak treatment should be included with everything. I want to know secondary characteristics. If it’s 16% and 24 months in new American oak, that’s an easy pass for me. I’m not asking for dry farmed, biodynamic, ancient vines for that price, I just want to know it’s not an oak monster and Parkerized.

2 Likes

Honestly this specific offering isn’t really up my alley, but I see how it could be considered a great offer to a lot of people. And for a small negociant to offer something that could be on par with Kirkland I think is pretty cool. If this was from Rioja, I’d absolutely roll the dice on it…

1 Like

Exactly.

It is a no brainer for me.

1 Like

The tasting note contains a lot of references to very sweet things like blueberry cobbler. Without knowing RS, this scares me off because I don’t need a case of wine at any price that I won’t drink.

1 Like

Offer #2 is out. $15/bottle Cab from Stagecoach vineyard.

Bit the bullet on a case. Any guesses?

In for a case as well. ~$17/bottle including shipping. Has got to be a reasonable deal and possibly a screaming deal. $90 at the winery?

Miner Stagecoach

2 Likes