Need some new Summer Whites Recs

I’m kind of flamed out on Rose although there certainly are some nice ones. What under $20 White would you be looking At to fill this role?

Must have ample acidity, no oak perceivable and lively freshness.

What are you drinking this summer for the Patio [cheers.gif]

Not sure what’s available in your area, but a few things we’ve been enjoying lately:

2017 Trimbach Pinot Blanc
2017 Samuel Billaud Petit Chablis
2018 Château du Petit Thouars Chinon Blanc Le Clos
2017 Domaine du Viking Vouvray Tendre
2017 Fantinel Collio Ribolla Gialla Vigneti Sant’ Helena
2016 Azienda Agricola Gradis’Ciutta Collio Ribolla Gialla
2018 Francesco Rinaldi e Figli Gavi
2018 Vinnamoro Iacopo Paolucci Grechetto Todi Grechetto di Todi Iacopone
2018 Vinnamoro Iacopo Paolucci Trebbiano Spoletino Todi Il San Ponziano Iacopone
2018 Anselmo Mendes Alvarinho Contacto
2019 Cameron Pinot Blanc Giovanni

Recently I have added two new Chardonnays to my daily drinking list. Both were introduced to me here on WB. Bêcheur Chardonnay and Terrien Wines Chardonnay. Their dynamic pricing is interesting and I acquired these very nice wines for a very reasonable price. The Jean Edwards Cellars Sauvignon Blanc Dalla Gasperina Vineyard that was offered on WB is a very nice SB and the price is right. Forgot another bargain priced but very good wine for summer – Castello Banfi Pinot Grigio San Angelo Toscana IGT

I love having albarino around, great for food and you can get decent stuff for pretty cheap.

We too were getting burned out on Rose, after one too many ‘rose all day’ weekends (or week days). On a whim decided to try the Patricia Green Cellars Muscat from the Beserkers Quarantine page. Never would I have thought I’d ever like a Muscat, but it’s bone dry, nice citrus and florally notes. Not high acidity, but does have a bit of bite that makes up for it. 12 pack delivered to the door for ~$160, couldn’t resist so grabbed a couple cases. Its delicious.

I don’t know which producers are available but I highly recommend Gelber Muskateller from Austria. If you are not familiar it is this dry, refreshing and often minerally expression of Muscat that’s just perfect for warm weather. Generally I’ve found the quality to be high almost regardless of the producer, especially when they come from the northern parts of the country (Wachau, Kamptal etc.).

Grenache Blanc from Tercero or Curran. Perfect summer white, you’ll like it, your non-geek friends will like it, you can drink them right away or they’ll hold for a number of years (especially in the case of tercero), good by itself or with food.

Berserker Bill Hooper has killer wine and silly good prices.

I buy his Riesling every year.

+1. Decent ones can be had for close to $10, but even ones I’d “rate” at 90+ points can be had for $20 (Zarate and Raul Perez).

Lots of Alsatian whites, certainly Albariño, and some pretty good Kerners and Sylvaners from Alto Adige.

Some of my Favs in that range:

Vietti Roero Arneis
Pepiere Briords or Clisson
Collestefano Verdicchio

Agree max. Like albarino as a summer wine as it a good food pairing, especially seafood

https://www.klwines.com/p/i?i=1408132

Or the Patty Green Sauv Blanc for $17.50 a bottle delivered

I know I’m going to get stoned to death for being a proletariat on this one, but I’m a big fan of Pine Ridge Chenin Blanc-Viognier blend for $12. Can drink gallons of it on hot summer days out on the patio… pileon

I’ve been drinking quite a bit of J Mourat’s Chenin de Jardin. It’s usually about $15 at my local shops.

https://www.wine-searcher.com/find/j+mourat+chenin+de+jardin+loire+table+france

Argyros Atlantis white

KARAMOLEGOSASSYRTIKO #34 ANCESTRAL
Pieropan Soave
Von Winning Sauvignon
Sandlands Chenin CB
Walter Scott La Combe Verte Chardonnay
Patricia Green Sauv Blanc
Foradori Fontanasant Nosiola
Vina Tondonia, any Blanco

Three whites from Tablas Creek all between $24-30…Vermentino, Cotes de Patalin Blanc, Grenache Blanc, and Picardan. Rhym makes two vermentinos and a Ribolla Gialla. Massican makes a couple white blends…Ribolla Gialla, Tocai Fruiliano Greco de Tufo. I also look for a couple Washington State Chenin Blancs…L’ecole and McKinnley Springs are both south of $20 and crushable.

And the Chenin Blanc from William Kelley’s Beau Rivage is pretty damn good as well.

Moschofilero is good too