List of Hand Blown Glasses

I’ve tried to make a list of every hand blown glass in the market, with a link to the distributor’s website if they sell it. If I’m missing any, or if anything is inaccurate, please let me know!

Every handblown glass in the US market and where to buy it:

Conterno (Zweisel)
Buy through retailers - distributed by Grand Cru Selections
One model priced at roughly $90.

Gabriel Glas
Buy - distributed by Gabriel Glas International
One model (“Gold”) sell 1 for $71, 2 for $142, or 6 for $426. Carafes ($70) and decanters ($300) available. Shipping is extra.

Glasvin
Buy
$29.99/stem. Shipping is free.

Grassl Glass
Buy - distributed by CJF Selections
Four models (Liberté, Mineralité, 1855, Cru) sell starting at $50. Decanter $90. Shipping is free.

Jancis Robinson
Buy - distributed by Skurnik
One model (“1”). Also sells a pairing water glass. 2 for $112, 6 for $320. Decanter ($160) and carafe ($200) available. Free shipping above $250.

Mark Thomas
Buy through retailers - distributed by MARKTHOMAS USA
Five models (White, Red, Allround, Red Expression, Champagne) starting at roughly $50. Decanter ($100+).

Nude Stem Zero
Buy
Eleven glasses at $65 and a water glass. Free shipping on orders over $100.

Riedel
Buy
There are three major handblown lines. The Sommeliers line starts at $95, the Superleggero line starts at $99, the Fatto a Mano line starts at $100. Shipping is free above $75. Decanters available.

Sophienwald
Buy - distributed by The Perfect Glass
Four models (red, white, essential, champagne) sell for roughly $50. They can be purchased in 6 packs, or in a mixed 3 or 4 set. Shipping is extra.

Zalto
Buy - distributed by Wine Monger / Grand Cru
Six models (Universal, Bordeaux, Burgundy, White, Champagne, Dessert) and 5 other glasses. Price ranges from $57 to $63, which presumably accounts for the difference in shipping cost of the larger stems. Carafes ($76) and decanters available ($114). Shipping is extra.

Zieher
Purchase through retailers.
Roughly $90/two glasses

2 Likes

Waiting for the first model called Blow Me to hit the market.

There’s a competitive glass blowing show (yes, competition shows for everything these days) on Netflix called Blown Away. Went through the first season, hopefully second season will have someone making a wine glass.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blown_Away_(TV_series)

There’s Suckling’s 100-pointer from Lalique.

Steuben makes hand blown stems. Googling turns up others that don’t fit the modern WB aesthetic.

Wow, he actually made one called “100 points”. That’s very funny.

I just ordered an 8-pack of the Glasvin, thanks David for the discount code for Berserkers. Great introductory pricing.

David,
This list belongs in Commerce Corner per rules

Also, I’m not sold out. …

Chris

My apologies, I saw the “request” button on https://grasslglass.com/ and I assumed it was the same on the other website. I have fixed it.

Grassl featured here in an article on hand blown stems (congrats Chris):

nude stem zero, zieher, rona, zenology, etc, etc. can you say oversaturated niche market?

How is it oversaturated? Are they showing up on flash sites that I am unaware of?

Better market than tire sales, consumers love thin glasses that don’t have a great life expectancy.

Since you are doing this…could you put those who have decanters also?

Absolutely, I will add alongside some of the other suggested additions.
I’m curious how many people buy decanters (for my own company’s development, of course). Some of the data I’ve seen show very few decanter sales.

Just my take… I’d buy decanters if they weren’t so absurdly expensive…

For the most part, I don’t use it to display / look pretty so i only really want it to serve its purpose - give the wine air… Unlike a glass which you constantly hold, touches your mouth, and has a direct impact to wine consumption.
i don’t need $200+ containers when literally erlenmeyer flasks works, and you can pick up a basic crystal decanter for $20 or so. I do have a couple of nice decanters for the rare times i want to ‘display’ it. but it’s so rare as those are generally harder to clean, and i’m more nervous about breaking it.

Makes sense. I think for most companies, the calculation is they’d rather sell 1 $200 decanter than 10 $20 decanters (obviously) and the demand curve is probably such that you are incentivized to raise price.

Appreciate this list. Great value add. Some thoughts…

1. Would alphabetize the list
  2. Would be great to include WB coupon codes if this is a commerce corner thread (which I don’t think it is?)
  3. Would be cool to have master specs: weights, heights, and photos for glass shape. I find that to be pretty painful to dig up at times.
  4. It is against your title, but including machine made models would be cool too…

I break glasses like crazy, I bet easily in excess of 12 per year.

Less than $4/decanter by the case: Acopa 32 oz. Glass Carafe - 12/Case

I’m clumsy too but I’ve had a good experience with Grassl Glass. I’m down to 4 out of the original 12 of Gabriel Glas but feel like those were faulty and most broke without being dropped. Grassl > Gabriel in my experience on durability.