Have you received your DRC Allocation?

Curious if anyone has received their DRC allocation this year in the US?

I’m expecting an allocation from two local stores I frequent in the next week or two. Unsure what they’re going to offer me yet, but curious what price point others have received.

[popcorn.gif]

[popcorn.gif]

[popcorn.gif]

[popcorn.gif]

[popcorn.gif]

[popcorn.gif]

I took my drc regular bottling and the Elysian. Just got bottled last week. [wink.gif]

Got in on all 6 sources of mine.
3 mixed cases at 20% off prior year pricing. Except RC, that one remains at $1200, same as last year.

COMBO BREAKER

Mods - 1 day ban?

[cheers.gif]

[cheers.gif]

Mark, if you can buy R.C at $1200, I suggest you back up the Convoi Exceptionnel!

Thanks, guys. I appreciate all the replies keeping the thread at the top of the list for useful contributors to see it more easily! [highfive.gif]

Let me start contributing some useful info: last year one of my retailers had RC priced at $8200, but offered 10% discount for buying another case of something else. I didn’t get an allocation. Last price on LT I saw was from 2 years ago and it was $3000ish.

I received an Ech and Corton for $1400 last year, but they were older vintages ex-domaine since 2016 was mostly lost to frost. Not a bad price but certainly not great.

Haven’t seen any Montrachet offered anywhere.

If i can get RC for 1200 I’m taking out a mortgage on the house :wink:

We’ll see if the OP’s sense of humor survives 250 posts.

Are you saying there’s no one around here with any useful information to add to this conversation? Although I might guess if this is the common reaction to this type of thread perhaps they just choose to stay silent…

Andrew, there is no DRC Montrachet from 2016 (frost) which will be at least one of the reasons you haven’t seen any. I’ve heard the 2017 was excluded from a few of the usual merchant tastings in Europe - not sure why, but perhaps volume was lower than usual.

This is exactly what we need to be discussing during a pandemic! [snort.gif]

No, I haven’t received my 2017 DRC allocation yet. Will probably between July and August is my guess. Given the tough environment we’re in, we may see more restaurants pass up their allocation but not sure on pricing.