2018 Memento Mori Blend New Release Date - May 19th

Really excited for this release! they will be releasing the 2018 Memento Mori Cabernet Sauvignon early to those in attendance of their Q&A on May 19th. Email Genavieve to RSVP

Can’t wait for this!

Great people, great story, and AMAZING wine…

Most of the MM crew have told me that ‘18 is going to be lights out…

What was the release price of the blend last year. SVD were $225

I did a Zoom tasting with Emily at MM a couple of weeks ago, and she said the 2018s are incredible!

The blend as well as SVD’s were all $225 per

Correct - and same, cannot wait! Adam and Hayes have said things of the '18 to the level that I might have to buy all of it… AmEx won’t be happy, but so worth it!

Also keep Sam’s Vangone- sourced from an Eastern Oakville site next to Dalla Valle and Backus- on the radar. I’ve had the ‘16 and it’s among the best wines I’ve had in recent years.

Between the 16 vangone and the 3 16 MM wines where would you rank the 4? Curious how they compare.

It’s splitting hairs, imo. I always view Vangone as the pure Oakville expression of Sam’s work. Yeah, the MM blend has Oakville Ranch and Weitz fruit, but the flavor profile isn’t pure due to the Las P and Crane fruit. But I think the wine is just a good as MM.

If you’d like, I can introduce you to the owner, Mark Davidowski. He’s cool as $hit as far as I know, from emails traded back and forth. He lives here in SD and we were gonna do a dinner and taste through the entire V lineup, but then C19 hit. Let me know if you want me to connect…

Appreciate it sir. I have a bunch of the 15 and 6 of the 16 Vangone. Just trying to prioritize spend between the wines. Might have to grab some of the 18 MM to give me a feel for it.

Appreciate the response

Have known Mark since he opened his old wine shop back around 02. Very good guy in person too. His dad is a blast also

David- hope you’re doing well my man! Let’s all get together once this eases up a bit. Grab Mark and a couple of the fellas and pop about 63 corks :wink:

Let’s do one in NYC as well!

Sounds great. Zoom tastings only take you so far

Sbicca’s next party will be one for the ages…

Guess I’m going to the WC!

Make it happen!

WC>EC, and I’m from NY :wink:

haha I’m down - as soon as the country is open let’s plan a big wine dinner. Would love to share some bottles with other wino aficionados from the WC, even tho I don’t agree on WC > EC at all! :smiley: champagne.gif

That private room in Sbicca is my all time favorite spot for a wine dinner. Great big table with plenty of room for wine, decanters and glasses that 12 to 14 can easily converse at while watching the sun set into the ocean. I’ll never say no that! Hopefully the shut down will inspire them to add some new things to the menu too.

In for a 3 pack of 2018 NV MM CS, 3 pack of SB, and 1.5L 2018 MM CS! Can’t wait!