TN: D&R/Cruse Furmint AlderSpringsVnyd '15...(short/boring)

I tried for my white last night:

1. Dirty&Rowdy/Cruse Furmint AlderSpringsVnyd/MendoCnty (14.3%) P&B by Get Yourself a Cast Iron Skillet/Petaluma 2015: Med.dark gold color; strong Furmint/white pepper/herbal/bit floral fairly earthy/dusty bit Tokaji-like slight orangey/orange pith fairly complex nose; quite tart/tangy very strong Furmint/white pepper/herbal/floral some earthy/dusty bit Tokaji/orangey/orange pith slight stony/chalky fairly complex flavor w/ slight tannins; very long/lingering quite Furmint/white pepper/herbal/floral some stony/chalky/savory structured fairly rich/lush complex finish w/ slight tannins; very much like the HeidiSchrock Furmint bit a bit more floral & aromatic in character; a world-class dry Furmint.

A wee BloodyPulpit:

1. This is a one-off (I believe) jointly produced by Hardy & Michael. They gave up waaaay too soon. My gold standard for dry Furmint is the one of HeidiSchrock/Rust/Burgenland. I showed her a btl of this when we visited in 2017 and she was so impressed that she swapped the remains to show her two sons for a hlf of her TBA. I got the best of the deal.
    This wine is pure Furmint and very impressive. The grapes came from StuBewley’s AlderSprings vnyd way the hell & gone up in MendoCnty. Don’t know who’s been taking those grapes since this '15.
    Tom

How did I miss this one!? I buy almost every single D&R wine and I happen to really dig the few furmints I’ve had - Kiralyudvar tokaji sec in particular. Anything left in the library Hardy?

I opened my last one last fall. Wonderfully geeky!

Been looking for a reason to open this…sound alike now is the time

Brad, if you get it or someone else local has it, I have a little Limerick Lane Furmint that would be a fun comparison.

Nice Tom! Have 1 left of the D&R/C and Limerick Lane Left and will probably look to open them this summer. Here’s my note from 2017 when I tried them both together.

'Drank this alongside a 2014 Limerick Lane Furmint for sh*ts and giggles, and while they were both awesome, I was somewhat surprised in some of the similarities between the two in regards to color, body, and even flavor profiles to a certain extent. The LL was medium bodied with notes of lemon, honey, and an herbal undertone, and a slight bitterness on the finish (in a good way). The D&R&C, not surprisingly, was a bit higher-toned, with lots of bright lemon, citrus, and a very slight bitter note (less pronounced than the LL), all rolled up beautifully with California sunshine/happiness on the finish.

Impossible to pick a favorite as they were both, really, really good, but I’d go with the LL if you want something just a bit more serious, and the D&R&C if you want something to both contemplate and enjoy with your non-wine-geek friends at the same time.’

Thanks for the notes on this everyone. Unfortunately, I don’t know if I even have a bottle left anywhere for myself. Michael may have a bottle(s) laying around?

We had to stop producing this as the vines were pulled out and replanted. Furmint struggled in this block- I don’t know if it ever saw more than 1 ton an acre.

It was a ton of fun to make and drink early on- Acid, body, texture, and wild wild flavors.

Well, Hardy… I have one left. If Michael doesn’t have one, it’s yours.
Tom