PSA: 2010 Tondonia Rosado $44.97

Paying it forward.

Thanks to all who have shared PSAs and other good deals in the past.

Seeing the Tondonia Rosado’s as a a board favorite, I’ve been on the hunt and finally found some at a “reasonable” price. As of this posting, they appear to have 21 in stock.

https://redneckwinecompany.com/collections/red-blend/products/lopezdeherediavinatondoniagranreservarose2010-750m

Enjoy!

hmmm…“PAGE NOT FOUND” deadhorse

Just go to the shop wine tab, or search for Tondon and it takes you there

Note - this is sold out

Sorry Markus you had problems. I did test the link prior to posting and it worked fine. Odd, but now I do see going to a 404.

Navigating manually did work, but unfortunately, it does seem like there were others that picked these up very quickly.

Power of WB I guess?

The demand for this wine is crazy. It used to be widely available and then it wasn’t produced for a bunch of years. Now you’d have better luck getting L‘Anglore.

Thanks for sharing. I think it will be in high demand until auction prices come back down to Earth, which some estimates show it might be. As much as I’d like to for a few producers, it’s still hard for me to spend $50 or more on a rosé [dontknow.gif]

I recommend putting a Wine-Searcher alert with a price maximum. Although it doesn’t always work, as the alert is sometimes too slow / a day behind, it unexpectedly worked for me for Tondonia 2010 Rosado.

Except for Cotat or Rose Champagne, I’m in the same boat. I was offered this at 45-50 and passed.

Musar is the only Rosè for which I will pay more than $35.

I got a bottle last year and loved it but only got to drink about half a glass. I said screw it when I found a bottle for $75 and bought it. I can’t justify doing that regularly - any bottles that’ll satisfy my cravings that are regularly under $40?

What would you pay for the Tondonia Blanco GR, its nearest kin?

I actually opened a bottle of the ‘10 Rosado tonight because of a positive note by Gene Vilensky on IG. It’s so young and taking hours to open up, getting fresher and fresher. But it’s ultimately a food wine, and our chicken wings tonight weren’t quite right, so I may buy some shrimp tomorrow so I can sauté with garlic and lemon to try to bring out the full effect of the wine on day 2.

Then, my other bottles go deep into the cellar.

Given the comparable bottle age, wouldn’t the Blanco Reserva be its nearest kin?

It’s a good question Daniel. That might be fair. I’d say it’s more a question of how long it’s in barrel. They release the vintage Rosado earlier no doubt than the other vintage GR wines and with less time in barrel. I was thinking though more about the character of the wine, where its kinship to the LdH Blancos is closer than to other Rosé wines.

IME neither the Rosado nor the Blancos are really ready on release. They all need a lot of cellar time to show their best.

On the price point the Tondoñia Blanco starts around $45-50 these days so we are in the same ball park.

One of the few that are worth it (only about 4-6 in the world).

There’s a store in NY with the rosado that i tried to buy. They returned my charge later and said “we don’t ship to CA”

So i said “sure i’ll have a friend pick up in NY”

They didn’t reply

Emailed them again and they said “we can’t give you as many as you ordered”

i said “sure just give me 3”

they said “we’d like you to order other wines too”

Me “hmm i would just like the 3?”

no reply.

Don’t put it on your website if you don’t want to sell it to the public.

quite a story. Happens too often.

LOL. Charlie, perhaps it’s the same wine store that I contacted that told me they don’t ship to CA.

Also a retailer in MA had a mag available (at $49.95) that I couldn’t call fast enough with my excitement, and once they heard I was in CA, they said they couldn’t ship. :frowning:

Didn’t expect such lively conversation on a PSA thread, but great to be talking about it.

well this particular store on their website they ship to CA per their shipping area and they charged me for shipping. They just didn’t want to sell to me. ha

Best part? They then reposted it at 2x the price.

Cool, cool. I’d be interested at this price, not the $100-150 I’ve seen. I’d rather have two bottles of rosé that I’m still hesitant to pull the trigger on at $75.

With the cost and trouble of hunting, I’m probably going to Sicily at $40, and calling it a day. Cotat is also a nice call.

A friend down here in SD got some from the shop in NY and they shipped to him. He must have been one of the first to order it. They did cut his order down and instead of getting 2 I ended up with one. Looking forward to trying it after hearing so much about it