Current best value white Burgundies

not always the cheapest, but for me some of the best
values in white Burgundy: Bouchard MP, PYCM St. Aubin Remilly and Ancegnieres, a few of the la Chablisienne wines, Billaud-Simon MdT, Fevre Chablis, Lamy St. Aubins, Michel Chablis. Some have become more expensive, some are new favorites while others have fallen. There are better wines but these have great value—if value and Burgundy can be in the same sentence. Yours?

Chablis and St. Aubin is cheating.

My favorite GC white for the $ is Jadot Corton Charlemagne.

For 1er, I agree with Bouchard and would add Clos des Mouches Blanc from Drouhin. Niellon 1er whites still offer value. I do enjoy Labet Beaune Marconnets too.

Curious to hear more options.

Walter Scott…someone had to say it! 18 Anne Cuvée n glass…

Good list…Louis Michel Chablis as well…

Pycm chassagne vv

In the under $20 range, it’s hard to beat Drouhin’s St Veran as a simple week night tilt.

Drouhin’s Montagny that I had a few weeks ago was absolutely wonderful and about $25 USD, if that’s not too proletariat.

edit: I see I was beaten just above

Nothing is too proletariat, we drink Jadot and Bichot village wines from Macon-Villages, to Pouilly-Fuisse, to St. Veran. Especially lean years.

I would add Simon Bize’s Bourgogne Les Perrieres, and Clos Salomon’s Givry 1er Cru Grand Berge - do pick up some if you have not tried either before.

Drouhin Vaudon Chablis is another that’s a very nice wine under $25. The 2014 and 2015 are both still available.

To me it is Louis Michel’s Chablis and Henri Prudhon’s St Aubins. Both under $50. Both stunningly good.

Fourrier BB

Let us start with the Moreaus:

Bernard Moreau Bourgogne Blanc (paid $25 for the 2017), Chassagne-Montrachet and St. Aubin En Remilly
Christian Moreau - premier cru Chablis
Moreau Naudet - premier cru Chablis

Bouchard Meursault Perrieres
Heitz-Lochardet Meursault En la Barre and Meursault Les Gruyaches
Domaine des Moirots - I like his reds better than his whites, but his whites are not bad
Whites from Aubert de Villaine

I have seen some good prices lately on Jadot whites. If premox there really is cured by DIAM, then I would put these as excellent values.

I really like Drouhin’s whites, but prices have gone up a good bit over the last couple of years. Can sometimes be good values.

Anyone putting PYCM on this list must be seeing very different prices these days from what I see. I would have agreed about five years ago, but today?

Pycm bb is ~30

The last email I got for their wines was from Chambers Street:

Click to view up-to-date inventory on our website →
Colin-Morey, Pierre-Yves 2018 Bourgogne Blanc
Colin-Morey, Pierre-Yves 2018 Bourgogne Blanc
| 12 in stock | $42.99
Colin-Morey, Pierre-Yves 2018 Bourgogne Aligoté
Colin-Morey, Pierre-Yves 2018 Bourgogne Aligoté
| 36 in stock | $32.99
Colin-Morey, Pierre-Yves 2018 Saint-Aubin Le Banc
Colin-Morey, Pierre-Yves 2018 Saint-Aubin Le Banc
| 36 in stock | $63.99
Colin-Morey, Pierre-Yves 2018 Saint-Aubin 1er Cru En Remilly
Colin-Morey, Pierre-Yves 2018 Saint-Aubin 1er Cru En Remilly
| 7 in stock | $89.99
Colin-Morey, Pierre-Yves 2018 Saint-Aubin 1er Cru Hommage á Marguerite
Colin-Morey, Pierre-Yves 2018 Saint-Aubin 1er Cru Hommage á Marguerite
| 24 in stock | $79.99
Colin-Morey, Pierre-Yves 2018 Saint-Aubin 1er Cru Les Champlots
Colin-Morey, Pierre-Yves 2018 Saint-Aubin 1er Cru Les Champlots
| 18 in stock | $79.99
Colin-Morey, Pierre-Yves 2018 St Aubin 1er Cru Chatenière
Colin-Morey, Pierre-Yves 2018 St Aubin 1er Cru Chatenière
| 9 in stock | $89.99

Just have to hunt around, I bought 3 cases of the 17 from Vins rare for about 30 per

Obligatory post in each thread on this topic :smiley:

I have a couple 2018 X-Novos on their way to me. How’s the Anne Cuvee?

So, any time someone asks about US pinots or Chardonnay, you think we should all go onto that thread and start naming burgundies? Alan is a pretty sophisticated wine drinker. When he wants the names of American wines or Bordeaux or German wines, I am sure he can ask for it.

I too really liked the ‘17 PYCM BB. Bought a half case, wanted to see how they aged. Oops, drank them up!

Some more value white Burgs I would add

• Moreau Nadeau - lovely Chablis up and down the range
  • Henri Prudhon - mostly St. Aubin and extremely impressive.
  • Droin Chablis - also scratches that itch nicely
  • Saumaize-Michelin Pouilly-Fuisse - richer wines but also well made.

Sure I’m buying some higher end things - Bernard Moreau, Henri Boillot, a little bit of others but those are less good ‘value’ options I think. I was really impressed by Lamy-Pillot at the 2019 La Paulee but have yet to find them on the west coast at prices I liked.

I don’t think there’s much value in white Burgundy anymore. I’ve probably drunk well over 2,000 bottles of the stuff, and while never a screaming deal, it was at least justifiable for the quality. Unfortunately the Premier and Grand Cru stuff I used to buy became Village, then the minor Villages, then the Cote Chalonnaise and Macon. Frankly, the affordable quality has diminished, while other places, notably Oregon, are making wines that are pretty much indistinguishable from the Burgundy at a fraction of the cost. I still buy white Burgundy when I see a bargain, but those opportunities are becoming so rare that I mostly rely on other regions to scratch my white Burgundy itch.