SAKE - Discovery of the Year

The winemaker Dominik Sona from the famous estate Koehler-Ruprecht, his dry Rieslings „SaumagenR“ are considered the Holy Grail of Riesling, recommended me this Sake. BTW, he also imports Sake and you can buy it at the estate.

2018 Kamoshibito Kuheiji “EAU DU DÉSIR”

Sake is/will be the Discovery of the Year for me. Such a revelation solo and with food. This Sake “EAU DU DÉSIR” is sublime and shows lovely grace. In addition purity and a delicate fruit in the finish. It was a great combination with olives stuffed with anchovy and with white asparagus incl. olive oil and parmesan. Much more food combinations to discover. BTW, use the little white wine glass from ZALTO and drink the Sake chilled like white wine.

Here an interesting article about the sake winemakers:

27B450D5-2F62-4E0E-9430-930773346D5C.jpeg
4A9669C8-E27A-4264-9F60-1A095891497E.jpeg

Sake is an amazing drink that I want to explore more too. I had a sake epiphany at a Japanese restaurant in Berlin two years ago - we had the ‘ruysen ryofu nama nama’. A fresh, summer Sake that had Grapefruit in spades. Last year I went to another Japanese/French restaurant and had a ‘Gozenshu 9 sake’, it reminded me more of wine than fermented rice, with beautiful white peaches and lychee notes. This one is also quite cheap [cheers.gif]

Nicely done with the pairing. For some reason, it had always been pure Japanese foods that I wash down with my sake. Thanks for the note.

Pizza and Saké is a magical combination! Especially with white pies.

Pizza, quelle surprise.

Haven’t drunk this one. Thanks. I drink a ton of sake. It pairs with so much stuff!

For example?

Masumi Sanka "Mountain Flowers
Kirinzan
Ginga Shizuku "Divine Droplets
Watari Bune Junmai Daiginjo
Katsuyama “Akatsuki
Ozeki “Judan Jikomi” I love this one so much, and if you like Pradikats this will sing to you!
Hitorimusume “Only One Daughter”
Born Yume wa Masayuma Junmai Daiginjo “Dreams Come True” This is amazing as well!
Miyosakae Tenmi Junmai Daiginjo “Taste of Heaven” Amazing as well!
Kotsuzumi Rojo Hana Ari Junmai Daiginjo “Bloom on the Path” Beautiful as ever!
Tsukasabotan “King of Peony”

These are all of my most recent purchases. They are all really good.

DANKE

And food, besides japanese food any food pairing recommendation?