Greer Cab 2018

Anyone have any advance word on the 2018s?

1 Like

The offer for the 2018’s in large format should be coming out soon. 1.5, 3 and 6 liters. If you are asking if I’ve tried, no but looking forward to and I’ll be buying.

? I don’t think I’ve even been offered the ‘17’s. 2016 was my first year buying though.

1 Like

Haven’t checked my work email today but if offered, I will happily grab a mag or two.

I checked in on a 2016 several months ago, and with a 3 hour decant it’s was among the best wines that I’ve ever had…

Did anyone get allocations today? I haven’t seen anything. Happy to take somebody’s if they are passing

I bought a 3 pack of 2016’s in a “special email offer” on Sunday. Rob asked how I heard about Greer. I blamed all the berserkers on this website. Thanks a lot everyone…:grin:

Received the 2018 Magnum offer for today a couple hours after my purchase. Have the 2017 or 2018 750’s been offered yet?

Matt… I bought the same 2016.

How long do you think a Magnum can age for into peak drinking? I get the sense that most drink their 750s under 10 years, and ergo a magnum would be best consumed under 15 years?

please correct me if I’m wrong, but i think greer flips the order, and the 17’s 750’s will be offered in early september.

I do not remember being offered the 2017 or 2018s either and 2016 is resting… so had to go back and look at things. Greer released the 2016’s September 4 , 2019 (or that is at least when I purchased). So I think schedule is : 2018 Magnums to be shipped next year are released today… 2017’s to be released in September. And then rinse and repeat annually.

Sorry if I am Captain Obvious for folks… but given the 2018 large formats are released today… I had to go back and check.

Brad i think you are correct.

In for a Matched Pair of Maggies ! [cheers.gif] flirtysmile

Do you suppose they release the large formats early to know how many to bottle?

Definitely will age slower. I think at least 50% longer in Mag and 100-200% longer in 3L and above.

1 Like

Are most drinking their 750s under 10YR? I.E. Greer not in the company of Montebello etc. which folks look to more obviously age?

Nor in the same style as MB. The 2016 Greer I tasted recently has more ripe candied fruit and voluptuous texture, perhaps akin to one of the Realm SVD bottlings. Or maybe along the lines of a Scarecrow (Don’t they share a fence or something?) Monte Bello on the other hand is closer to Dominus or Opus One in my limited experience, in that it is greener, more savory and structured owing to the blend.

1 Like

In for one of the Maggie’s.

Hoping to be offered a 3L, and I would then need to decide whether the etched version is worth the premium. My rational side says no, just pick up an extra 750ml when it releases, but my “holy shit that would look great in my wine cellar down the road” side says perhaps yes…

no doubt! I have a 2012 Grace Family etched 1000ml and it’s beautiful. I just need a proper cellar to display it…

I have a buddy with a beautiful walk in wine cellar, holds about 1200 bottles of all shapes and sizes. And the first bottle my eyes gravitate towards is a 2013 Greer 3L (maybe it’s a 2012?). It’s glorious and immediately fills me with Wine Bottle Envy…

I ordered a 2016 3 pack and a Magnum. I think this is worth the 3L etched. Pain today for a beautiful looking cellar in a few years! No pain no gain…