Great, Light, Juicy Burgundy

Hi all,

Hope you’re all well and surviving the crazy covid-19 world that we live in currently…

Been enjoying all of the posts and videos of late - they’ve been a godsend in isolation. Probably like many of the users here, I’ve been enjoying a little too much wine of all varietals. I’m a huge white / red Burgundy fan ( with a few magnificent old 80s clarets thrown in lately ).

So we opened yet another largely disappointing red burg today and after that, we decided to open something from a different country such was the fed-up-ness & frustration with too many of the Burgundy wines that we’re drinking right now. They don’t all have to be coche dury, ponsot, mugnier etc to be good right? I mean, surely not?

So we decided to veer of course all the way to the US and opened an Oregon pinot - Bachelder, Willamette Valley Pinot Noir 2013. It was a breath of fresh air, fresh and light, so full of character and bursting flavour right from the get go. We both exclaimed (in Scottish) thank fuck, finally! As in here’s a great one we can kick back with and enjoy. A great glugger.

So the question is, what are we missing? Can we unearth some gems from Burgundy that are what we’re after without breaking the bank? The juicy, light, beautiful examples of the grape or do we have to continue to go further afield for great pinots that are light, beautiful and refreshing? (that don’t cost a fortune)

All comments and recommendations are so welcome!

Stay safe one and all.

Big Love,

Kev

There’s been tons of threads on here about that. Check out the cm red threads for a start.

There’s tons of options; various Bourgogne are quite nice options around $20-50. Sigaut, Hudelot Noellat, Barthod, etc

If you like Bachelder, you could just buy more? Thomas makes wine in Oregon, Ontario & Burgundy.
The Ontario wines are his best.

Mercurey from Faiveley. They start around $25 and go to about $45 for the 1er Crus. Any recent vintage is good.

Didn’t know he made wine in Ontario. Where are they available?

Right on the list of Hall of Fame Threads:

Thanks, folks!