Aubert chard and Maybach cab

A rare night where we opened two bottles. Paired with small filet mignons, spring salad, mashed potatoes, and fresh bread, courtesy of Whole Foods. The Aubert was killer and while my wife loved the Maybach, it was a bit too young for my taste (plenty of stuffing).

• 2013 Aubert Chardonnay Eastside Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (5/16/2020)
    This is everything you want in an Aubert chard with the sensuous nose and silky mouthfeel. Very well balanced, nothing too forward. Drinking very well now, but no rush. A great wine. (96 pts.)

• 2013 Maybach Family Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Amoenus - USA, California, Napa Valley (5/16/2020)
    Very well crafted wine, but in a style I reach for less these days. Lots of pencil lead and sawdust on the nose, followed by deep blue fruit. Everything in check with nothing poking out, despite the 14.6% ABV. This wine is very young and should last another 10+ years easily. (95 pts.)

Scott…nice note on the Aubert. I try not to pop my Aubert Chards before 10 years…imo when the oak, alcohol, and steamroller fruit come together, then, and only then do these wines strut their stuff.

Scott, Two of my FAVS ! champagne.gif [cheers.gif] flirtysmile