Zoom Event--Mark and Jeff Pisoni of Pisoni Vineyards--Thursday, May 28th 5PM PT / 8PM ET

I’ve known the Pisoni family for about 15 years. We’ve had Jeff down for dinner a few times, we’ve even had Gary over to the house for what was a pretty killer party many years ago, although I can’t find the photos! In the earlier years, I visited the Estate for a few dinners, even one time when they had harvested the wild boar on the property earlier that day and it became dinner that night on the BBQ. One year, we visited Mark at his place on 101 right in the middle of the Santa Lucia Highlands, with the cellar underneath the broccoli farm. So many cool events, memories and bottles.

I have been buying the wines since the 2003 vintage (as the photo below from my wine room shows the OWC stack), and continue each September to take my annual 3 pack of the Estate release. The brothers, Mark and Jeff, continue to split the business between farming and winemaking, and have been running the glorious Pisoni estate, selling fruit to many winemakers, along with of course making their own wines under the Pisoni and Lucia labels. Many of you own the wines, and probably too have your own stories of visits and dinners that have left you with great memories and bottles.

It’s a thrill for me to have the brothers join us for the event on May 28th, and we hope many of you will join us too. I offer some older photos below of some of my past trips, enjoy those and if you have your own photos, please post. If I can dig up some more, I’ll drop them along to everyone here. That’s it…hope to see you on May 28th.

TO BE PART OF THE EVENT, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING. THANK YOU.

Date/Time: Thursday, May 28th @ 5PM PT / 8PM ET

Theme: If you own Pisoni or Lucia, or any of the plots that are interconnected to the winery like Garys’ or Rosella’s, open a bottle and join us.

How To Connect: To get the Zoom link to connect to the event, send a private message to me and I will then send you the link in a private reply. Once you receive the link, please do NOT forward it.

We’ll be muting everyone’s audio so we can eliminate background noise. You’ll also be optioned to turn on your camera if you like…just come to learn, share and be part of the fellowship we are creating.
Me, Rob, Jeff and Chris.jpg
Chris, Jeff P and Zardo.jpg
Jeff Pours Me Off Some 09 Pisoni From Barrel.jpg
2009-06-07 019.JPG
The Pisoni Front Door.JPG
2006-05-07 023.JPG
2006-05-07 022.JPG
2006-05-07 025.JPG
Mark Pisoni Cellar Group Shot.jpg
Rob In Mark P's Cellar.JPG
The Dusty Killer Cellar At Mark Pisoni's Crib.JPG
It's A Shame To Spit It Out.JPG
20200517_114513.jpg

Ugh! I had one Pisoni left, and I drank it last week.

I can’t miss this one. Have a ton of Pisoni and Lucia wines in the cellar and visited Mark in Gonzalez back in 2011 (for some reason I thought they made the wines there, but he was a great host despite my ignorance).

Question - the subject line says May 28 at 10AM PT/ 1 PM ET and the body says 5 PM PT/8PM ET. Are we talking daytime or evening?

Fixed. Too much Zoom on the brain. This will be our usual Thursday timing. [cheers.gif]

They are awesome.

Frankie, we had him down at Basanti and we blinded him on of his own wines and he called it a burgundy!

Remember what that was? I think Andrew, Seiber, and the entire gang was there.

He brought all his wines in crumbled brown bags?

So great.

I can’t find those photos as they were on my old phone. You got one? if so, post it.

I was there, and was scolded for calling a blind wine Burgundy, specifically, Gevrey Chambertin…and I was correct cheesehead

Todd, you were on fire that night. You nailed a bunch of them.

FMIII - I can’t find the thread…

I found this “Pisoni gets no love here”

This one is going to be really fun, guys, as Frank and Pisoni boys are like cousins, or stepbrothers…I am looking forward to the banter on this baby!

I neglected to post this short 2 min video that Jeff Pisoni narrates about the fog and the Pisoni vineyard. Having been up to the Santa Lucia Highlands many times, and standing in the driveway at Rosella’s, or in the Pisoni estate, the weather is a huge force. At Rosella’s in the afternoon, the ocean breeze can blow so hard and with it arrives the fog, it’s an amazing place. So, the video here should lend some good visuals, other looking at my gray teeth from 2006!

No password needed to watch the short link below.

I remember being there. I think I brought an older Cabot Pinot that trashed an off the truck RM.

Found a Roar

Anything Pisoni or Lucia related is fine, and even to stay within the broader view of the theme, you could bring Rosella’s or some other SLH wine if you liked.

And, I also want to value your time and that of the Pisoni brothers, too…so, I want to see the attendance rise for this event so that we can successfully put it on. We’re just over a week out so if you plan to attend, do us a favor and PM me now.

Folks, I caught with Jeff Pisoni today to discuss the Zoom event and how they’re adjusting, like all of us to this shift in everything.

What we decided is to adjust the event with them, too. What we want to do is put off the Zoom for 5/28, and instead we’ll put something on for the release in September of the 2018 Pisoni Estate. We both think this creates a better context for sharing together, to talk about the new release, as well as get an update on the pending harvest…overall, a better fit.

I’ll send a PM to each person who had signed on so we close the loop.

Stay safe everyone.

Thanks for your efforts in organizing this event. I definitely want to be a participant. The way the days seem to meld one into the other, September will be here sooner than expected.
Really like the Pisoni Estate - have many wooden boxes piled up, although not as many as you have Frank. I think I only go back to about the 2005 vintage.

Thomas, we’ll do something around the release. I do think that marrying Zoom with allocation offers might be a cool way to marry some of the WB work and winery partnership in the future.