Quivet 2018 Release on June 2nd

Quivet 2018 Release on June 2nd… Email for the save the date just went out… what’s everyone getting?

2018 Quivet Cellars Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon $70
2018 Quivet Cellars Pellet Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon $80 91-93 Points/ Jeb Dunnuck
2018 Quivet Cellars Kenefick Ranch Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon $95 92-95 Points/ Jeb Dunnuck
2018 Quivet Cellars Beckstoffer Las Piedras Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon $125 95-97+ Points/ Jeb Dunnuck
2019 Quivet Cellars McGah Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc $35
2018 Quivet Mixed Case - Free Shipping 2 bottles Kenefick Ranch Cabernet, 2 bottles Beckstoffer Las Piedras Cabernet, 3 bottles Napa Cabernet, 2 bottles Pellet Vineyard Cabernet and 3 bottles 2019 Sauvignon Blanc.

if i could piggyback 3 bottles of LPV shipped for free onto that mixed case, id do that.

I’m sure Leah could work something out… how does the Quivet LPV compares to the Carter LA BAM (LPV)? i imagine they are pretty similar?

Are these wines less expensive than the Myriad Cabs being released this summer? I’m new to the lists, so I don’t know.

Will be loading up on this release as usual. Wonder how big allocations will be.

20% more production this year, so hopefully there is enough to go around. Hoping I can get at least 6 LPV and 3 of each Pellet and Kenefick. Maybe ill add some SB too, but that’s already available to order.

Order in, Las Piedras at $125 works for me. Never tried Quivet, but have been a constituent of Carter La Verdad. Is Mike making these similar or do they have a different style?

I’d say the quivet LPV isn’t as big and extracted as Carter. Both fine wines but I can taste more of the minerality with the quivets. I’ve heard 18s aren’t quite as big of wines as 16s so that will also play a role. For $125 a bottle is is incredibly hard to beat from a QPR perspective.

Guess I have to wait until the 9th to see if there is anything leftover…

in for 6 lpv & 3 napa. no sales tax is nice too.

Bought a little of all the cabs.

I’d agree with this description. Quivet is a bit more mineral driven as compared to the Myriads, which tend to lead with ripe fruit and mocha tones, whereas the Carters are perhaps even more rich and voluptuous. Broad strokes of course, but that’s how they often feel to me.

Haven’t tried any 2018s, but with greater yields, that also makes sense

In for three of the LPV, and am looking forward to a side by side with Vice Versa, Fait Main and Memento Mori in a couple years…

I’ll try for Corvin pours and to not pop the corks on all, but no promises :wink:

Add a Carter to the mix just to be sure you got all bases covered.

Told myself I’d only get a couple of LPVs maybe a Kenefick, some how ended up clicking on the mixed case instead. [wow.gif]

couple Napa cabs and a couple Pellets for me

picked up 3 LPVs and feeling alike I should go back for a few more…

Maxed the reds. Never seems to disappoint.

4 NV Cabs for me. Should make excellent cellar defenders against some of the other 2018s I’ve been buying.

I did some thinking, and have narrowed it down to 6 NV, and 4 Las Piedras.