TN: 2017 Domaine Bernard Moreau et Fils Chassagne-Montrachet

• 2017 Domaine Bernard Moreau et Fils Chassagne-Montrachet - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Chassagne-Montrachet (5/23/2020)
    An accessible nose of white peach, tangerine and flint. The palate has the flesh of the vintage and really good density. It finishes with a lick of tart grapefruit and is a really good village wine.

Posted from CellarTracker

Agreed

Nice! If you ask me, almost every vintage one of the very best village Chassagne’s. This sounds like 2017 is no exception.

I had the 2014 two weeks ago. Fresh as a daisy. I recognize your grapefruit description in the finish.

The 14 Maltroie was a laser beam a few months back. Crystalline, chiseled wines.

found some 09 Maltroie recently. I’m late to the game with this producer. Have some catching up to do.

Poured out a glass of 2017 Domaine Bernard Moreau et Fils Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru La Maltroie last night and raised it to toast my grandmother who died yesterday (she was 102 and had a great innings). The bloody wine was corked. My grandmother would have thought that was quite funny.

Condolences Jeremy.

Sincere sympathies, but what a run!