Bad luck streak in dancing school or what happens when your wine cellar is over capacity

So what happens when you try to slip a Goodfellow into a John Thomas?
Or what happens when you are an idiot and think sliding bottles into corners of an over-crowded wine cellar is a fine idea?
IMG_0926.jpg
IMG_0924.jpg

Ouch! Looks like most of them are whole at least :slight_smile:

Sorry, Mitch…although I love the Zevon reference!

I bet that made a heck of a noise.

I can help with getting your inventory under control :smiley:

Oh no!

Guilty of attempted overcrowding here too. Whenever I visit my locker I open the door very slowly…

Do I see a few broken ones in there?

It saddens me that I have no means of retrieving the corpse, and the body of John Thomas must remain where he died, with his crimson life-blood slowly draining and evaporating. It may be many years before the magnum, dismembered with it’s punt just hanging in the breeze, gets the burial it so richly deserves.

The Thomas bottle has seen better days.

I could tell you, but I don’t have the guts to look in there before I drink some more scotch.

Sorry Mitch, Thats one of my worst wine nightmares. All these earth quakes in Utah these days has me worried about exactly this. Hopefully it wasn’t as bad as it looks.

RIP young Thomas Pinot

I’ll gladly store any of your salvaged bottles in St. Louis. There’s an occasional tornado far from the city, but no earthquakes or other natural disasters :smiley:

Oh yes! This is your fault Marcus. Not sure exactly how but your aggressive progeny had something to do with it.
And then there is John Thomas using defectively thin bottles for his magnums and his marketing of his “Joe Six Pack” to gullible customers like me.
I am a victim here.

New Madrid fault.

Had to look that up. Having lived here for a year now, never heard of it :joy:

Just saw this. Nightmare scenario when two normally well behaved bottles duke it out.
Sorry for your loss.

You haven’t lived here long enough if you’re promising a lack of earthquakes. They may not be frequent, but when they come, they come heavy.

Edit - Sorry, I see Victor already helped out with this, so how about a little history?

I did the same thing recently and it cost me a Patricia Green SVD PN and a Walter Scott Sequitur PN (and a rug). Painful!

You’re right, I haven’t lived here for 200 years.

[rofl.gif]

It’s OK, you’re already a native in my book!