TN: 2015 Salt Vine Cabernet Sauvignon (USA, California, Napa Valley, Calistoga)

• 2015 Salt Vine Cabernet Sauvignon - USA, California, Napa Valley, Calistoga (5/16/2020)
    This is a special side project from brilliant winemaker Mike Smith of Myriad fame. The bottle was the remaining two-thirds from a Coravined bottle 23 days prior. When the cork popped dense, dark-fruit flavors burst out of the bottle signalling something special. The spectacular, rich notes of woodsy blackberry on the nose remained fragrant 90 minutes later when I poured the fulsome, inky juice into the first glass. On the palate this full-bodied wine sings of violets and black cherry with a earthiness that lingers lovingly into the long finish. At 3 hours the wine resolves into a smooth delicious joy. So much of this wine at every stage has a wonderful “dark” quality that reveals a wine with purpose. An absolutely brilliant undertaking worthy of Mike’s reputation. (96 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Man, I signed up for this winery a long while ago and then again recently and never heard back. Glad to hear it is living up to the promise.

I’ll take care of ya!

Really like where the 15 is right now. It’s rich but not overly ripe and sweet. And like you said it sheds that tannic edge after a few hours of air.

Thanks for the note and supporting!

Fu, do this bro right!

Love the name!! How are you involved with this Fu?

Buzzy, if you need to ask, you are not in the game. And here I thought you were all connected and sh*t. This wine is for the pretty peeps.

Popped a '16 a few days ago!

Hehe, I’m pretty.

Drinking the 2015 now- needs a bit more time to integrate the oak (vanilla) on the attack but a well made wine.

How is that 2016?

You know he did.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Tom lives a few miles from me, I even offered white glove delivery!

If the vines were truly planted in salt, they would die.
Odd name for a winery, unless they were planting along a coast like in Colares…

We opened one of the 2015’s last weekend. My favorite wine of the year… so far.

Drinking 2016 now for first time. Wine is amazing. Glad I have a few.

Dang didn’t see this. Thanks for the high praise!!

Glad you’re enjoying it.