TN: 2001 Arcadian Pinot Noir Sleepy Hollow Vineyard

• 2001 Arcadian Pinot Noir Sleepy Hollow Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Lucia Highlands (5/29/2020)
    Translucent rusty ruby color. Nose of sea air, truly voluminous violets, raspberry, cherry, meaty red soil, brier, stone. Layers of deeply concentrated ripe black cherry fruit drilling down on the palate accompanied by raspberry, brambles, beef blood, and iron particles. Enticing and energetic acidity balanced by still-firm tannin leading to a long finish of mulberry, rocky soil, and satisfying grip. What a beautiful showing for our last bottle, #20 per CT. Way to go, Joe. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Oh man, what a bottle of wine that is.
Pinnacle CA Pinot Noir for me. You have captured it beautifully Doug.
I wish I had more!

Dennis.

Thanks! I wish I had more, too. I would love to see how these bottles evolve over the next few years.

Cheers.
Doug

Timely note, Doug. I was this close to opening a bottle earlier this week, but put it back in exchange for a half bottle when my wife told me she didn’t want to have any wine that night. Last time I had this wine (just about exactly 2 years ago) it was the best bottle I’d had to date, and it sounds like yours was just as good. Might just open it tonight with some duck … [cheers.gif]

Thanks for the note Doug, I have one left- was waiting for its 20th anniversary, but perhaps it is time soon. Joe and Sleepy Hollow fruit are one of the great all time combos.

Jud,

Completely agree. We have had so many fine bottles of Sleepy Hollow; the site is very special and Joe has that fine touch. I’m sure that well-stored bottles (such as yours) will show very well but as they say, there is no harm in sampling your last bottle now.

Brian,

Yeah, this bottle with duck would be pretty heavenly. Hope your bottle shows very well.

Cheers,
Doug