Most bottles of a single wine from one vintage in your cellar

Lately I have been on a quest to find VCC 2014; it is now at four cases, the largest single holding in the cellar. Yours?

Definitely 2008 Dom perignon (not sure how much but 15-20 cases), followed by 2008 Cristal and Krug 168, both > 10 cases.

For still wines 17 PYCM BB and 17 HN BR which are our house white and red, respectively.

Looks like 2007 Au Bon Climat Bein Nacido Pinot. I got these at an unbelievable sale at the height of the last financial meltdown, there’s a cellar tracker note that starts out ‘thank you shit economy’ guess they got in on the same deal.

I cannot even fathom this.

My Ridge Monte Bello allocation is six bottles so it would be a tie between the last five or six vintages.

Tie at 2 cases each:2009 Pontet Canet, 2005 Grand Puy Lacoste.

A little more pedestrian: 2014 Chateau Meyney, at 23 bottles.

I try to keep at least a case on hand of NV larmandier bernier longitude at all times, sometimes more, that may be cheating since the disgorgement dates vary. I buy it anytime I see it under $45 all-in. I’ll buy a case of Gavin chanin’s bien nacido Chardonnay in 2016/17/18 and expect that to continue.

I don’t buy individual wines in quantity very often, and even when I do, quantity means something different to me than to those who’ve already posted. I do have a case of 2007 R. López de Heredia Rioja Viña Tondonia.

2014 Sociando Mallet
2000 Magdelaine

Seven.

Six

At least three cases of La Mission Haut-Brion 2005.

A tie (9 of each):
2018 Prager Zwerithaler Kammergut Grüner Veltliner Smaragd (Wachau)
2018 Prager Wachstum Bodenstein Grüner Veltliner Smaragd (Wachau)

8 of:
2018 Högl Schön Grüner Veltliner Smaragd (Wachau)

Then 6 of each of the following:
2018 Högl Bruck Riesling Smaragd (Wachau)
2017 Prager Wachstum Bodenstein Grüner Veltliner Smaragd (Wachau)
2016 Birgit Eichinger Gaisberg Riesling Reserve (Kamptal)
2017 Acham-Magin Ungeheuer Riesling GG (Pfalz)

BTW: I visit Wachau/Kamptal/Kremstal every year. That might have something to do with it :wink:

Rarely do we purchase more than 4 of anything, but we do have 8 of the 1996 Pichon Comtesse and 2013 Ridge Monte Bello.

Ed

Does an NV Champagne count? If so then I have over two cases equivalent of Pierre Peters Cuvee Reserve, with 7 magnums included. Counting the magnums singularly then I have 19 bottles, which is still #1 for me. Multiple disgorgements in there, so who knows…

If not, then I still have 13 bottles of 2012 Merkelbach Urziger Wurzgarten Riesling Spatlese ‘Urgluck’. That’s down from originally 24, but still tops.

2005 Pichon Baron, little over a case. Few different SQN where I have 12 Syrah or Grenache from a single vintage.

Wow!!! [cheers.gif]

2016 Suduiraut, birth year wine for opening at my daughter’s future wedding.

Related poll re how many bottles one buys on release:

2010 G.D Vajra Barolo Bricco delle Viole at 45 bottles.

That’s just impressive.

I have two cases of a couple of bottlings. I aspire for >15 cases of something.