CHARITY RAFFLE NAACP LDF - super secret additional raffle run - we hit our max goal of $60,000!!

Here’s an example how the raffle will be run, thanks Mark Ye

Questions about the drawing process?

Setup/Assumption:
There are 3000 tickets - each person is assigned a number to their name for verification purposes.

1. bob
  2. jane
  3. doe

Running the randomizer
U plop all 3000 number/names into the randomizer field… and hit the button that says:

first click = first spin
2nd spin
3rd spin
4th spin

5th - final - deciding spin…

Winners
Let’s say on the 5th spin the output is:

1. 1021 - george
  2. 808 - chris
  3. 17 - mark
  4. 2788 - jen
    Etc

1st winner is 1021 - george… he’ll get to pick the bottle he wants from the 35 availalbe.
2nd winner is 808 - chris… he’ll get to pick the bottle he wants from the remaining 34 …
and so forth until the top 35 names on the fifth spin output have selected.

Question on randomizer

Why 5th spin? b/c it’s a generally accepted practice when using randomizer… builds some excitement…

why not the 1st spin? b/c it’s the 5th spin.

RAFFLE NOTE

We have two logistical issues I did not foresee as I did not foresee how HUGE this would be.

I am using Random.org paid multi round giveaway service. Each giveaway is a paid $1 cost. The reason they charge is because the system generates a unique verification code that shows that the giveaway is truly random. Also it allows you to share that link and lets everyone see the names picked/drawings done. It’s the most trusted way to do drawings. With one this big, it’s definitely necessary.

1. The service caps you at 3000 entries. That’s $60,000. We are currently at roughly $56,000. I will have to cap tickets at 3000 entries/$60,000. You can donate past that. But you will no longer receive tickets.

2. Also I wasn’t expecting the number of bottles being donated and the same system only handles 30 rounds. Right now we have over 30 bottles donated. So in lieu of running each individual one for excitement purposes (and having to manually remove a winner from the pool), the fifth randomization of the list will be the final and deciding randomization. So the top 35 selected in the fifth randomization will be the winners. They will pick their wines in the order that they were drawn. (ex: #1 gets first pick, #2 gets second etc)

Thank you!!!

For most of us in the wine world, we are insulated from the actions and events that disproportionately impact black lives on a daily basis. That does not mean we should ignore these things. Times like these we are made aware of how much more we can do to battle the grave injustices that are perpetuated by institutional racism that runs deep within our country. Every incident is further evidence that we have not done enough to defeat these evils.The NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund (LDF) has fought a tireless battle for decades to fight for civil rights and equality among colored people.

I am opening up my cellar for some hard to find wines and giving you a chance to win them by donating to the LDF. My good friend Cameron Hughes (not to be confused with the negociant of the same name) that runs Classified Cellars (hughes.wine@gmail.com or @nouveaurichebourg on instagram) has also very generously donated a bottle to the drawing.

THIS RAFFLE IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO THOSE WHO LIVE WITHIN THE CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES FOR SHIPPING PURPOSES
Each $20 donation entitles you to one raffle ticket for a raffle drawing. You can enter as many times as you like for as many tickets as you’d like.

https://naacplegaldefensefund.org/campaigns/donate-naacp-ldf/

Please forward me a screenshot of the donation AND the confirmation receipt (to verify the total in the screenshot and receipt) to charliewk19@gmail.com. CREATED A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS JUST TO COLLECT THESE RECEIPTS
If you would rather send me the money directly via paypal to donate in your name, please click www.paypal.me/charliewk19.

If I do not receive an email with verification of the donation with a screenshot AND receipt, you will NOT be entered into the raffle, I will reply with confirmation that I have inputted your name into the excel sheet.

The raffle will be run in a tiered system. After each interval of $750 is donated, a new wine will be entered into the pool. Each new wine means there is an additional winner. It is possible for one person to be drawn multiple times with multiple tickets

For example - $2400 is donated. That means three wines will enter the pool. Three winners. Winners will be able to select from the pool in the order they are drawn.

The drawing will end on June 5th, 2020 at 6pm PST. A live drawing will be recorded and saved on facebook and instagram live (@clayfu.wine) via Random.org at 8pm PST. First winner will be picked on the fifth draw and then each consecutive draw for the following winners.

Please see below for the wines

$1-750 - 2014 Marcel Juge Cornas MAGNUM TARGET HIT
$751+ - 2017 Keller Hubacker MAGNUM TARGET HIT
$1501+ - 1996 Giacomo Conterno Monfortino 750ml from Classified Cellars TARGET HIT
$2251+ - 2016 Domaine Dujac Clos St Denis 750ml TARGET HIT
$3001+ - LC 11 Jerome Prevost La Closerie Les Beguines MAGNUM TARGET HIT
$3751+ 2008 & 2010 Rougeard Saumur from Jeff Stetner TARGET HIT
$4501+ 2017 Scarecrow from Andy Wang TARGET HIT
$5201+ 2012 Screaming Eagle Second Flight - donated anonymously TARGET HIT
$5500+ 2014 Domaine de La Cote Blooms Field from Joe Winograd TARGET HIT
$6250+ 1996 Vietti Riserva + 6 year Pacific Edge Willet barrel pick from Jason Bray TARGET HIT
$12000+ 3 pack of rose from from Le Artishasic TARGET HIT
$15000+ 2001 Cheval Blanc MAGNUM from Matt King TARGET HIT
$16000+ 2010 Benetiere Dolium from Max Kogod of Kogod Wine Merchant TARGET HIT
$17000+ 1999 Noel Verset Cornas thanks to Mike Kelly. TARGET HIT
$18000+ 2013 Benetiere Dolium from Gaurav Kapoor TARGET HIT
$20,500- SQN Dirt Venacular + SQN Ratsel from Kris Patten TARGET HIT
$21,000 - 3 of each 2017 Matthew Morris Charbono Shy Poke Vineyard & Torffanelli Vineyard from Matthew Morris Winery TARGET HIT
$21,500 - 2012 William Selyem Precious Mountain Pinot MAGNUM from Mark Malpiede of William Selyem Winery TARGET HIT
$22,000 - 2012 Pegau Cuvee Reservee MAGNUM from Eric Rueli TARGET HIT
$22,500- 2000 Calon Segur MAGNUM from Robin Stark of Robin Stark Cellars TARGET HIT
$23,500 - OWC 3 pack of 2018 Oliver Bernstein 1er Cazetiers from Feng @Taiwine TARGET HIT
$25,000 - 3L of 2018 Walter Scott X-Novo (1 of 6) signed by Erica and Ken TARGET HIT
$27,000- 2013 Henri Boillot Batard Montrachet MAGNUM. MAGNUM OF GRAND CRU GOODNESS From Cameron Hobel of Hobel Wines/The Bottle List TARGET HIT
$30,000 - 2014 Domaine de la Romanee Conti Romanee St Vivant from Eric Ku @Fumanku TARGET HIT
$34,000 1990 Piper-Heidsieck Champagne Brut Millesime from BBQ Guru Michael Lee TARGET HIT
$35,500 2015 Macdonald Cabernet from Paul Bataglia TARGET HIT
$37,000 2x 2013 Dujac Malconsort 1er from Alex Xu TARGET HIT
$40,000 I promised the unicorn. 2013 Edmond Vatan Sancerre Clos la Neore MAGNUM. YES A MAGNUM OF VATAN. IT EXISTS. Your hipster cred will skyrocket, you will gain MILLIONS of followers on instagram. Label was hand glued and 750ML was crossed out for 1500ml by pen. ANONYMOUS DONATION - owner does not want to be harassed by everyone asking him how he got this bottle. TARGET HIT
$41,000 - 1999 Grange Hermitage from Eugene Park TARGET HIT
$43,000 - 1982 Lynch Bages, 2004 Etienne Sauzet Batard Montrachet, 2008 Raveneau Butteaux from Behdad TARGET HIT
$44,000 - 1990 Billecart Salmon Nicolas Francois Cuvee from Robert Vernick TARGET HIT
$44,500 - 2013 Rougeard Saumur from Adam Bitker TARGET HIT
$45,500 - 2013 Pierre Yves Colin Morey Meursault Perrieres from Vinsrare TARGET HIT
$46,500 - 2015 Fourrier Clos st Jacques from Cameron Hughes of Classified Cellars TARGET HIT
$50,000 - 1996 Rousseau Chambertin from ANON. TARGET HIT

\

Also, I will personally match up to $500 in total donations made during this raffle.

This will be posted on my instagram page as well as WX+ group on facebook.

Done, and emailed! I’m down got 5 tickets. Awesome job, Charlie!!!

Receipt on the way. I’m good for 12.5 tickets (round down to 12). NAACP LDF allows you to direct the application of your funds. If you’d like to give to help address policing reforms, you may select that option.

Regardless of your political leanings, if you want to know why the NAACP LDF is important and if you are interested in bridging inequalities in our legal system, consider reading the following:

https://wtgrantfoundation.org/library/u … orward.pdf

https://www.sentencingproject.org/wp-co … makers.pdf

https://www.sentencingproject.org/publi … sparities/

https://www.vera.org/downloads/publicat … rities.pdf

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/ … nfairness/

Please note. I need the forwarded email verification as well as a SCREENSHOT of the donation from the webpage. The forwarded receipt is merely text which can be manipulated.

Great idea, Charlie! I don’t know how Todd feels, but maybe put this in Wine Talk so it gets more attention?

Yeah, I don’t see why it can’t be in WT only because we’ve had several charity offers there…

Absolutely awesome!

In!

Fantastic stuff, Charlie & Cameron. In for one, emailed. Sorry I can’t do more, job loss and all that.

If I win something by some bizarre twist of fate, since I’m Canadian I’ve asked to either send the wine to a random donor or auction it off and send the funds back to the NAACP if it’s possible/convenient.

fine fine. i moved it to wine talk ;D

Very classy Charlie. I’m in.

Great idea Charlie. Count me in for 5 tickets. Will send the confirmation shortly

Charlie always comes through for the side of right. In for 5!

Wow. Well done, Charlie!

Way to lead from the front, Charlie! Well done :+1:

I’m in.

Am I seeing it right that this is already up to more than $3000 and there’s been even more bottles donated? Wow.

Got some awesome contributions

Jeff Stettner with 08/10 Rougeard Saumur
Andy Wang with 2017 Scarecrow
He who shall not be named with a 2012 Screaming Eagle Second Flight

thank you for all that have donated wine and money to this!!

we are double that. Have a few more donations in the works right now!

WOW! Go WB!