TN: 2015 Roses de Jeanne / Cédric Bouchard Champagne Millésimé Blanc de Noirs Les Ursules

• 2015 Roses de Jeanne / Cédric Bouchard Champagne Millésimé Blanc de Noirs Les Ursules - France, Champagne (6/5/2020)
    A little peach in color, almost teetering on very pale yellow-pink. Mousse is incredibly fine but very lively, in greater concentration than other RdJ cuvees opened recently, but died down after about 5 minutes. Melon, sweet apple, some slightly floral notes on the nose. Slightly oxidative, opening into crisp tree fruit and a nice mid-high level of acid. Lingers on the tongue forever. As it breathes, the acid becomes a bit calmer, leaving an almost “lemonhead candy” finish (in a good way).

This is a beautiful wine, as are all of Cedric Bouchard’s for my palate, but this more than others opened recently from the 15 vintage could drastically use some time in bottle. (95 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Opened this about 6 weeks ago, was my first Bouchard. Agree with your note. What I remember was a delicacy yet with a concentration and persistence that I don’t often find in Champagne. Delicious. Re-upped for another 4 right then and there.

I drank the 2014 recently. It was one of the greatest Champagnes I have drunk in a long time. Thanks for the note!