New cool book on Champagne

I met Yoko on Instagram. This is her book, handmade, with 1000 copies numbered. I got copy #219. flirtysmile

This book is for the Champagne lover who wants to keep learning and experiencing the joy of it. About 70 pages, you can get a feel for it in the photos below.

Here is a link where you can order the book.

I’m in, looks very creative and will likely get me to try more and different Champagnes. Thanks Frank.

1 Like

That looks like loads of fun, thanks!

I love supporting these sorts of projects that provide an intersection where wine and visual art can connect.

Yoko poured her heart and soul into this tiny in size, but not in content book and spent multiple years on it completing draft after draft after draft. All by hand and all on tiny pieces of paper. This published book is actually a bit larger than the raw, hand drawn copy. I remember the first time I saw the tiny box that contained the sheets for the book. I always assumed Yoko was doing this on at least normal sized paper, but, no, it was done in miniature. I have no clue how she did it. I’m still waiting on my copy to arrive, but this is an easy project to support and shows the love that Yoko has for Champagne. It focuses a lot on the growers and smaller producers, but not only.

* Edited - Corrected 6th sentence from ‘I have on clue how she did it’ to ‘I have no clue how she did it’.

Very awesome, thanks for making me aware Frank!

1 Like

Yoko better get ready for a second printing…I bought another 5 more for gifts. 2 day shipping, got 'em for this weekend.

How cool is this? Thanks Frank for letting us know! Just purchased a copy.

My order was 4 total so definitely going fast!

Thanks Frank. In for one. I still have to get through Peter Liem’s book. While not handmade, it too is pretty awesome, especially for the price.

Cheers,

Warren

I’ve read the Liem book twice now, as it took two passes to really let it soak in. That is a great book, too.

Thanks Frank for the heads up!!

Order placed. Gonna make a great gift

Ordered this, and Liem’s book also…got some reading to do on the beach in a few weeks!

This does look like a great gift. For me [berserker.gif]

Thanks. Order in.

Liem’s book might be a bit bulky for on the beach, but Robert Walters’ would work great too

Yes. The Walters book is great, too. That is a grower focused book, a great read. Forgot about that one.

The book looks interesting.
However - since shipping to Germany is more than 3 times the price of the book (and duty and VAT in addition) … thank you, but no, thanks.

I picked up three. It looks pretty cool.