TN: 2014 Enderle & Moll Pinot Noir Liaison, drink up.

• 2014 Enderle & Moll Pinot Noir Liaison - Germany, Baden (6/10/2020)
    Good, mature. I recently read a tasting note on this wine as a part of my feed for ‘wines in my cellar’. Many of those are/can be rather helpful, and in the instant case, it was most certainly helpful in that it got me to drink it vs. let it age any more. It doesn’t need any more age. In fact, its best days, for my palate, are behind it already. In the interest of a PSA, I’d encourage those with this in their cellar to drink up. It’s savory, the fruits are dusky. That said, the acids are holding/fresh, the general structure is good. It’s the fruit, which for this wine was better in a more youthful countenance than its mature, slightly savory (but still elegant) manner of today. By hour 3, this had added some weight, and offered bright rose, and blood orange aromas. Enjoyed, and the 12,0% abv is much appreciated. Lovely, and also ready. Drink up. recommended+

Posted from CellarTracker

I drank several bottles of this wine and agree with your analysis — it’s not built for the long haul, but it’s still oh so delicious. According to my notes it is only 11.5%abv — it’s exactly the kind of wine I want for midweek drinking.

Thanks for the note. Was preparing a pull from my offsite and this was already on the “pull now” list…guess I had the right idea.

Agree on the aging curve here. Even for the higher level bottlings, I don’t think they have more than roughly 5 years in them, based on my recent experiences with a few from 2013 and 2014. I like them better on the younger side for sure.

I made the mistake of keeping the 2 vineyard designates from 2009 until last year, which was way too long at 10 years of age.

Yeah, I think I’m going to stick with my 12,0% neener

Corey, it’s a favorite of mine for lunches, too. Two glasses with lunch, an espresso afterwards…never miss a beat.

I have (2) of these in the cellar: 2015 Enderle & Moll Pinot Noir Buntsandstein While they don’t appear to be in any danger at the moment, I’m going to drink within the next year or two, nonetheless. I like fruit, too [training.gif]

Thanks for the heads up here - ive got 5 bottles of the 2014 still. Ill get to work. I also have one of the '13. And a couple of the '14 Muschelkalk and Buntsandstein. They werent on my radar, so appreciate the PSA!

Had the 2013 Bundsandstein with lunch. Still lovely, but seemed to be just on the edge of losing it. Needed to be serverd about 58-60 F – when I let it warm up even a little, it lost all focus. I have one 2013 Muschelkalk left, you can be sure I’ll be drinking it soon.

Opened this one today. Still seemed pretty nicely on the “crunchy red fruit” spectrum to me. A bit of a savory note too sure. Agree that it doesn’t need any more aging but it’s pretty darn tasty now esp at cellar temp. Reminded me a bit of some of the older anthills I’ve been opening recently.

Motivated by this thread, ive since had both the 2014 Liaison and the 2014 Buntsandstein. Overall, I agree that better to get to drinking than to cellar further, but neither had fallen off a cliff either. So yes, agree with the consensus - still very enjoyable and drinking well, but pop em if you got em.