White burgs TNs

Opened three white burgs this week…

2012 - Hubert Lamy St Aubin 1er cru, Murgers des Dents de Chien - Premoxed.
2013 - Bernard Moreau Chassange 1er cru, Maltroie - Deep rich honey, very ripe, fading acidity. Advanced.
2010 - Sauzet Puligny 1er cru, Referts - Premoxed.

Fed up. Really fed up. [cry.gif]

Good lord. Sorry to hear.

Please tell me my JMPillot 2012 Clos St. Marc is ok… it was one of two last bottles at the Niepoort warehouse. Agh!

Lamy has at least some of his wines under DIAM as of the 2016 vintage.

Yeesh! Sorry Subu, what a bummer.

Shocking news re Lamy - have a full suite of his '12s in the cellar.

It was a bummer. Had two whites for an outside small group dinner. Sadly both wines were advanced.

And we still go back for more

Poor storage or heat damage during shipping?

I have opened about 6 bottles of the 13 Moreau Maltroie in the last 2 months (offered 12-14 at a great price) and not a hint of premox in any of them. Powerful and acidity on par with the 14 (less refined). Much more than the 12. Bright light straw color.

Sorry for your losses.

I can confirm that Lamy 2017 St Aubins are under Diam 30.

I brought the Lamy and my friend brought the Moreau. Lamy was brought in retail and stored in my wine fridge for years.

I don’t know about the storage for Moreau, but let’s not pretend there is no premox.

I’m not saying there is no such thing as premox. I’m probably the guy that overcalls it at assessment tastings. I’ve had a premox 07 Moreau Chenevottes from that place in Tampa so I agree it can happen. But I’m of the impression that Moreau’s incidence is a little lower. I don’t know about you but it can be difficult for me to distinguish between heat damage and premox. Also who’s to say sub optimal storage conditions/heat exposure isn’t a contributing factor to the premox phenomenon?

Thanks for agreeing to the obvious.

I’m sorry to report that your favorite Moreau (I like the producer as well) has a bottle that showed premox, but it silly and funny to hypothize as heat damage as a factor, when

a. you didn’t have the data related to its storage
b. weren’t present at the dinner to assess how it showed
c. unable to extend the argument to the other bottles that displayed an often encountered problem in white burgs.

Like many I have tons of white burgs from these producers and others from 2010 and on. The original post was to alert forum members that a bottle or two have started to show problems. If your bottles didn’t show premox, good for you. It doesn’t invalidate my data.

Agree with everything you said.
Again. Sorry for your losts.

i had a 2011 moreau chevy showing really advanced. I know the pain