Watch Your Back! The Riesling Movie

In his crusade against chardonnay, produced by the always entertaining Stuart Pigott.

I often forget how seriously many NYers like to take themselves…and then I see something like that.

Checked out when he poured Riesling on what looked to be a saguaro.

Enjoyed the book. This should be fun.

Cheers,
Doug

This was quite fun, but didn’t quite get the whole CIA (Chardonnay International Army) thing. Is it just a joke on Chardonnay evangelists?

I would imagine, but it might make more sense to know the CIA is the US international spy organization.

In the film there is quite a lot of time dedicated to the CIA with stalking letters to him, and some weird satiric pro-America & pro-Chardonnay monologues…

Nevermind I just read the Youtube description: “A feature-length documentary about how a domestic terrorist cell called the “Other CIA” determined to make American wine great again is targeting journalists and somms who they consider aren’t positive enough about the Chardonnay grape; for the terrorists the American wine. It follows one of their top targets, British journalist Stuart Pigott, as he travels coast to coast from Venice Beach/LA to NYC struggling to stay ahead of his maniacal persecutors. Pre-Corona America as you’ve never seen it before!”

Still didn’t really get all the CIA thing, even if it is meant as a joke, but I guess I’m not American and I might be missing part of the context?