Aubert Fall Release - Save the Date

Didn’t see a thread for this. Got an email today for the fall release:

Our Fall 2020 wine allocations will be available on Tuesday, July 14th at 9:00 am PST. This release is for our 2018 Single Vineyard Pinot Noirs, 2018 Hudson Vineyard Chardonnay, and our Appellation Chardonnays, 2018 Carneros and 2019 Russian River. The reviews of our 2018 Single Vineyards have been published in the Press section of our website.

This will be my first release. I’m looking forward to it! I’m aware that Aubert is generally fantastic, but are there any standouts this year?

My credit card actually cringed when I got that email.

It made my budget resolve shrivel like George Castanza in cold water.

[cheers.gif]

Congrats on your first release! It definitely makes a dent on the bank account, but they always have great wines. I was happy to get onto the list in college. I took a little break from my allocation and just got back on to years ago. I am looking forward to this year. I’m not sure about standouts this year though. They are basically almost always solid. Chards are especially well regarded and I think their pinots are almost just as good personally.

Aubert is not as expensive as it could be, no whining please, geezzz

Congrats on making the list. Buy your allocation without hesitation. You won’t regret it. [cheers.gif]

Lauren is always my favorite, but I don’t believe it is in this release.

The Aubert chards got me hooked, but the UV-SL Pinot is superb…

I too will be offered my first allocation…in the Spring I wasn’t offered an allocation but was offered a 3 bottle offer which I gladly accepted…really looking forward to the Pinot!

In this day and age of calendar creep where Christmas ads start appearing before Halloween, it was inevitable that we would see a “fall” offer in mid-July, more than two months before the autumnal equinox.

The offering period for Aubert’s fall release has opened in mid-July since the offering for the 2008 Pinot Noirs in July 2010 (with the exception of the 2011 offering on 2 August). Since the wines aren’t “released” - shipped or available for pick up - until late October at the earliest, calling it a Fall Release doesn’t seem too outrageous to me.

I was on the Waiting List, but was offered a case in the Spring. Bought it. But no “Save the Date” email for me. Emailed them to see what is going on.

I haven’t had an Aubert PN yet. Are these typically wines that demand to be aged for awhile or are they approachable young-ish?

I find them approachable within 24 hours of delivery!

We recently had an extended family taste-off of 2016 Cali pinots and the Aubert crushed the competition. The Peter Michael Ma Danseuse came in second.

Contrarian viewpoint - while I love their chards, not a fan of the PNs. I just opened several of the 2012s over the past couple of months. All were syrupy and heavy alcohol. These are big wines and I didn’t find much complexity.

Drinking a 2013 CIX as read this thread

Not my experience at all with the few '12s and '13s we’ve opened in the past six months or so. I found the wines far more restrained than one might expect from Aubert and wouldn’t consider them syrupy or hot at all. One’s not likely to confuse them with the current renditions of Pinot Noir from producers like Rhys, but neither are they like the overblown CA Pinots from the 1st decade of this century.

Was offered last year and bought Lauren, Eastside and Uv-SL. Don’t drink that much white. So debating if I want to buy it again.

I think you already know the answer. Why buy if you dont need?

Except for a few bottles here and there, Aubert is pretty much the only white wine I buy outside of Burgundy, and my white Burgundy purchases have really slowed down over the last decade (PremOx is alive and well).

please post/let me know what they tell you, thanks.