TN: 2018 Domaine Thomas Morey Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Embrazées

• 2018 Domaine Thomas Morey Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Embrazées - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru (6/19/2020)
    Absolutely stunning! Riper vintage but very fresh. Slightly golden fresh fruit. Great feel in the mouth with a lip smacking finish. Mineral feel. Long evolution ahead of an extraordinary 2018 white burgundy.

Posted from CellarTracker

Don, how would you compare the 2017 vs 2018? (I see you very much liked both in your TNs on CT) Is premox still a potental issue with 2017/2018 white burgundies or has that passed?

Many of my 2017s are still in purgatory waiting on the tariff to decreased. I did have a few from Sokolin that i purchased for extra bucks. Those I put into Cellartracker. I loved the 2017s but I think this 2018 would give it a run. It is fresh and shows a great balance. I think I actually like it better than the 2017 but that is picking nits. They are both fantastic. Premox is still around. Your guess is as good as any. BTW, Thomas Morey killed 2018 in white.

Don,
Is this the ‘same’ wine that I LOVED from Albert then Bernard Morey way back when? It was our house wine in the 80’s and 90’s and my favorite of the Morey 1ers.

Mark,
Yes. It is the same vineyard source. It is fantastic.