Boar's View offer

I have been buying Schrader since the 2005-2006 release. I think I was offered the first released of the pinot and passed. Looks like I might be getting an offer next week. I buy Rivers Marie Pinot every release. If I remember this vineyard is right next door to Marcassin(never had one of these either). I don’t know what the the current price is, which will weigh on my decision to buy.
My question is has anyone on the board had any of the past vintages of the Pinot or Chard? How do they compare with R-M pinot and Chard? I know TRB makes other pinots, it seems that if these soils might be different and maybe its a totally different wine. I think the vines are still young as it says it the 10th leaf for this release.
CT has a few a notes on Boars View, but not many.

$200 for a Cali Chard, :joy:

$200 will leave me out for sure. I will wait for R-M then.

YUGE pass

opened the email and had a chuckle. Pass.

I haven’t heard from them in years and was wondering why they sent me an email. I’m glad I didn’t even open it after seeing that price.

Prediction…online retailers for $139 a year from now. No doubt the wines are probably fantastic.

Boar’s who? :wink:

Easiest pass of the year!

Bumping this as I just received a beautiful postcard of the sonoma coast with an offer going live tomorrow.
Big Fan of TRB…other’s opinions on this?

I bought the initial offering of the pinot while on the Schrader list…this is not the delicate earthy of Littorai or Peay Vineyards costal version. TRB makes full throttled Cabernet and the early pinot was a 14.5% big purple monster. The current tasting notes seem to confirm this as “deep plummy notes” or some such verbiage to suggest a big wine. The initial wines were also in a big heavy murder weapon bottle. Interesting that the Chardonnay is $200 and the Pinot $120ish. I am interested to try, but not sure this will be in my wheelhouse anymore. Getting a 3 pack of the Pinot is not too big an investment, best way to find out is order one and see what you think…

Purchased the first year, wasn’t impressed and passed since. Gotten an offer every year since.
They are well made, but not the style I liked. Definitely not at that price point.

Any suggestions on how/where to sell the boxes, untouched/unopened, from their first 3 releases? I need the space and would rather get my money out of those pirchases.

Winebid? Commerce corner?

Straight to the recycling bin.

Nyet !