Higher altitude vineyards in Burgundy?

What are some of the higher altitude vineyards focused on Pinot Noir in Burgundy? Maybe 1-2 in each region;I think it would be interesting to put a tasting together of a pair of wines from higher altitude sites in each of the major regions of Burgundy.

Volnay
Pommard
Chambolle-Musigny
Flagey-Echezeaux
Gevrey-Chambertin
Morey-St.-Denis
Nuits-St.-Georges
Vosne-Romanee
Vougeot

1er Cru Bel Air sits above Clos de Beze at around 300m.

But the altitude has to be capped at some point since Burgundy consists of hills, not mountains, so this seems a diminishing prospect at some point?

Waiting for an up and coming vigneron of that climat to be called ‘fresh prince’.

Maybe this is helpful: Weinlagen
Select Map → Terrain, then zoom an near that you can see the individual vineyards and the altitude

The highest are in the Hautes-Cotes, like this onde Weinlagen
Those in the Cote d’or are all lower than 400 m

Rising altitudes? Another fictitious claim by Climate Change people. newhere

Le Corton must be well above 300m (maybe close to 400m at the top)? Also a few Savigny vineyards are higher up slope

Still not much of a difference in the grand scheme of things. You’re basically talking about an eroded plateau of low(er) elevation hills, rather akin to the Poconos or hilly NE Pennsylvania, not some place like Mount Etna where you can significantly move up or down the elevation scale.

Yes, of course you’re right. I was referring to the context of Burgundy vineyards. Perhaps more appropriate for the OP would be a tasting of vineyards that have the influence of the wind from a Combe, especially in hot or wet years.

The far north east corner of Le Corton is the just touching the 340 meter contour line. This seems to be the norm in most villages, also in Savigny, where Aux Guettes is the only climat just reaching to this elevation.

Even in Vosne, where some vinyards creep up into the woods, the two highest climats are at 340 meters (the village parts of both Les Hauts Beaux Monts and Les Rouges).

Pommard forms one exception, with some high points on both sides of the combe. Les Vaumurien boast a high of 360 meters. I once cycled up there, experiencing every meter in elevation with deminishing enthousiasm.

Several of Gevrey’s climats on the Cote St. Jacques just surpass the 360 mark, even the famous Clos St. Jacques itself.

Puligny goes a step futher with it’s climats located al little of track above Folatieres. Both Trezin and Sous le Puits touch the 380 meter line. This seems to be the highest point outside the Hautes-Cotes and Sous le Puits surely most be the highest of all premier cru’s.

But let’s not forget St. Aubin. Here the vinyards above this village reach up to 410 meters. This is a very steep slope, with most climats starting at 320 meters. So, if you’re after a parcticular high altitude experience in bottle (in the context of the Cote d’Or), you will have to look for a producer with vines only in the upper part of one of these climats.

“Pommard forms one exception, with some high points on both sides of the combe. Les Vaumurien boast a high of 360 meters. I once cycled up there, experiencing every meter in elevation with deminishing enthousiasm.”

I did that ride in 2016. On a really hot day. All the way up to Chamboeuf. It is a killer and those allegedly cool breezes down the Combe didn’t feel like they did that much to chill me out! Wonder if St Aubin will benefit from the higher altitude also as these vines definitely climb above the Cotes highest vineyards.

Joseph ColinsTrezin is 500 m altitude. Very cool
https://www.instagram.com/p/CB5zBVYpgGM/?igshid=w4qybt1gznhs