Father’s Day Wine Selections

Pennsylvania will be mid eighties and partly sunny today so I will probably end up with a rosé or white mid afternoon and a Bordeaux for dinner (bbq short ribs and roasted potatoes with something green from our potager).

That said here are the planned specifics:
2018 Edmunds St. John Bone Jolly Rose
2000 Sociando Mallet

What is everyone opening today to celebrate Father’s Day

2017 Daniel Rion Beaux Monts

Curious to hear about this, Rion is usually pretty awnry when young.

Costco Prime Tri Tip, Scalloped Potatoes, and Grilled Peppers on the menu. 2001 Forman Cab to accompany. Happy Father’s Day, everyone!

Ed

We’ll see, I have a 6 pack so figure I’ll visit one early and see how it goes before it presumably shuts down. Jeremy’s CT note is nice.

I’m the father-center-of attention today and I am adjusting to a receiving frame of mind from my normal controlling mode. My son bought some wines to go with the goodies that he and my wife have for me later today. He has good taste, but is not a wine geek by any means. This is one of those occasions where the thought behind the wines is truly more important than the wines themselves.
NV Laboure Gontar Cremant de Bourgogne Brut
2014 Valserrano Gran Reserva Rioja
2017 Wagner Ice Wine Riesling

Cheers Dads!

Probably a mid-day Merry Edwards sauvignon blanc and we are doing a 2014 Jean Edwards 74-41 cabernet with lamb and grits for dinner.

2015 Bedrock Carlisle Vyd. Last one was incredible
2010 Pegau CdP cuvee reservee to accompany French chicken in a pot seasoned with herbes de garrigue. Not normally a warm weather choice but one of my favorites

I am sending my ex-husband a 2012 EMH Black Cat. Our daughter is here with me and will provide the transport.

I’m opening a 2014 MACDONALD Cabernet Sauvignon from Oakville, Napa. It’s been sitting in the decanter for 3 hours, with one more hour to go.
Oh, and my Flannery hanger steak has defrosted.

Baby back ribs on the grill with:

2016 Virage Rose

2015 Lichen Estate Blanc d’ Gris

2013 Boheme Old Mancini Ranch Zinfandel

2012 Cirq Treehouse pinot noir.

Hope you have the same experience with this wine that I did - it’s fantastic!

Planning to open a 2008 Cimarossa ‘Rive di Cimarossa’ cab, a 2009 Larkmead cab, and a 2010 Barnett PNVA cab.

Got a whole prime tenderloin that I’ll cut into filets later this afternoon. My parents are here and all three of our kids will be home. The oldest will become a father in about 3 weeks, so we’ll be celebrating that, as well.

I will be opening a 2009 Lewis Cab Sauv Reserve with some grilled steaks. Excited to see how its held up after 11 years.

Baby back ribs on the grill, too, and still deciding between a 2015 Bedrock Pagani, Papera, or Carlisle. Recommendations?

I’m leaning towards 1974 Louis M. Martini Cabernet Sauvignon California Mountain

‘05 Pontet Canet and Flannery Jorge!

1994 Araujo Eisele Cab, my last bottle. Fingers crossed.

Congrats, Andrew!! [cheers.gif]