TN: 2011 Domaine Roulot Meursault Les Tessons Clos de Mon Plaisir

• 2011 Domaine Roulot Meursault Les Tessons Clos de Mon Plaisir - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault (6/20/2020)
    Light to medium gold color. Nose of cool flint, matchstick, hyacinth, taut grapefruit, apple core. Slow but steady reveal of tart granny apple, smoky citrus, white stone, and steely spine on the palate. Bright acidity and tensile structure. Long finish of grippy white peach, lemon, apple, and chalky rock. Pure and scintillating, this wine showed very well paired with mussels. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Sounds great and like a great pairing.

It was really good, Kris. I was looking for the 2010 but couldn’t find it (not uncommon). This was a worthy substitute.

Cheers,
Doug

Having grown up in Brussels I have an affinity for Moules & Frites and just how versatile mussels are with 1000’s of sauces. Thanks for sharing, brought back some good memories.

Roulot killed the 2011s. Nothing wrong with 2010 of course, but he really overperformed on the 11s. Thanks for the nice note and unfussy food pairing.

Kris and Arvid,

Good to know. Mussels when simply prepared are oh so good. I don’t have much Roulot but I prize every bottle.

Cheers,
Doug