Winebid site had problems tonight.

Right as auctions closed.

I was wondering. I went to check on things and the site seems to be…having issues. No excuse for me missing the deadline but I wanted to see by how much I had lost the wines I forgot to re-up my bids on.

was a bummer on my end. I usually wait until the last minute… won’t make that mistake again. Lost out on some lovely Raveneau as a result of the slow-play…

site is still running super slow

I’ll say! Was just about to bid on a Bouchard Clos de Vougeot 2005 when the site went down. Oh, well. There are other wines.

Also appears the site did not carry forward my tracking list. Hoping it will restore later.

It’s still messed up. Lots of wines missing.

I noticed it too. Sucks. Anyone have any idea what’s going on?

Screwed me too.

Same problem here, tracking list deleted, lots of wines missing, I’m sure Russ will chime in.

OTOH, nice to know who the other sharks are!

Usually I bid on too many things and expect to get outbid at the last minute on many of them, so my gripe is that I actually did a little too well tonight!

Missed bidding this week, but the same thing happened last Sunday… I usually wait for the last seconds to submit. About 40s before the end, nothing was loading and I couldn’t update the bids.

The site also seemed to be slowing down the previous weeks, but not as bad.

That’s troubling if it’s indeed a recurring problem.

That was very frustrating as I was trying to gift myself some Father’s Day treats. Although I could have just placed my high bids earlier today but what’s the fun in that?!

I was wondering what happened, I placed a few bids on Mike Smith wines, and heard nothing once the auctions closed…

It’s been happening a LOT lately. I’d say the last 4 to 5 weeks at least, but tonight was by far the worst. I could not even refresh the site. Super frustrating for sure. I know the CEO was posting here quite a bit - hopefully he’ll comment at some point.

Hi all, hope you are doing well and surviving the pandemic, especially for our friends in NYC. I sincerely hope that none of you, your families or your businesses have been directly or overly impacted. As Rich noted, I’ve been quiet on Berserkers for a while, but still checking in now and then. At WineBid, we made a lot of adjustments for our warehouse team to be safe, and our office team have been working from home for over 3 months. We’ve been very busy trying to support our consignors and buyers across the country with all the changing pickup and delivery situations in every state and city, as well as supporting restaurant workers with our Restaurant Workers Charity Foundation auction, where we raised and donated over $100K to support our friends in the hospitality industry.

You are all correct, we had a site issue this evening about 4 minutes to close. And in the prior weeks, we have had some slowing toward the end of auction. This may be because we have seen a large jump in new users and more people bidding at end of auction than ever before, and we are looking into the root cause of tonight’s server error. The engineering team is running the final close processes now, and we will be honoring the standing winning bids at time of error, which was approximately 6:56pm. If you lost out on something you were bidding on or have other concerns or issues, feel free to email me directly at rmann@winebid.com or call/email customer service at service@winebid.com - easiest if you do both, because anything you email to me I will end up asking for their help to resolve. I will also be reaching out to everyone in this thread privately at some point during this week.

We owe you an explanation and will provide one when we have it. We greatly appreciate the enthusiasm and support the Wine Berserkers community has provided over the years and I am very frustrated that our site did not perform to it’s usual gold standard this evening. Please accept my deep apology for disappointing you this evening, on Father’s Day, and please email me directly so we can make this right.

Thanks so much.

-Russ

As always, a very classy and much appreciated response Russ. Really great to have you here/participating, as you definitley have many Winebid fans/long-term bidders on this board (myself included). Here’s to hoping your developers can get to the root of the end-of-auction site issues so that we can all get back to our normal bidding strategies :wink:

For the buyers, i don’t think it’s a big issue, but as a seller i’d be a lil annoyed if bidding stopped during the most active moments.

Denial of service attack? I’d recommend looking at unusual big buyers who may have benefited.

I was there to play. It cost me a couple snipe opportunities, but may also have saved a couple winning bids I had. It surely cost sellers.

Good thought Wes! There was a heightened level of nefarious attacks last week in general…