TN: 2013 Beaulieu Vineyard Tapestry Reserve (USA, California, Napa Valley)

• 2013 Beaulieu Vineyard Tapestry Reserve - USA, California, Napa Valley (6/23/2020)
    Day 1: Nice with cigar, blueberries, dark cherries, spice and mild oak. Classic Napa Valley wine. Medium plus finish. 92 points
    Day 2: Rich wine with cigar, blueberries, dark cherries, spices, oak/vanilla and menthol. Medium plus finish. Drinking well right now. 92 points
    Day 3: Not quite as good as it lost some of the fruit from day 1 and 2. More spice and tobacco. Still drinkable but recommend younger on the consumption of this wine. 89 points
    Recommendation: This is a pop and pour wine and would consume this within the next few years. Not a long term ager. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Haven’t had this wine in quite a few years, but sounds like it is a pretty decent QPR for Napa.

Unless they have dramatically altered the winemaking style, I wouldn’t be surprised if they can age a bit. I’ve had a bunch of 92-97 Tapestry in the last few years, and all were quite solid, comparable in their aging/complexity/fruit to Bordeaux of the same age, maybe richer if anything.

I put away a little of the Rutherford and a single Georges de latour in 2013, but never got around to trying/buying Tapestry. For easily available / supermarket / Costco / Friends & Family sale wine, I like them…

Unless they have dramatically altered the winemaking style, I wouldn’t be surprised if they can age a bit. I’ve had a bunch of 92-97 Tapestry in the last few years, and all were quite solid, comparable in their aging/complexity/fruit to Bordeaux of the same age, maybe richer if anything.

I put away a little of the Rutherford and a single Georges de latour in 2013, but never got around to trying/buying Tapestry. For easily available / supermarket / Costco / Friends & Family sale wine, I like them…

I don’t see the 13 aging like the wines of the 2000s. I think it would be safe for 5 years but it is really good on a pop and pour.

Have a couple retail salesmen that put out eBlasts for crazy good deals. Got some 2015 for $29 last year. Killer deal and great Napa Valley QPR.