What Sparkling Wine not named Champagne are you drinking?

I have been learning about, and tasting and accumulating Champagne over the past couple of years. I thank (blame?) my fellow Wine Berserkers.
At the same time, I have also expanded my non-Champagne sparkling wine horizons a bit and have tasted and enjoyed a few new-to-me ones. Although I have seen incidental and older threads on the topic, I thought it might be interesting to start a current thread dedicated to sparkling wines not named Champagne.

Labouré-Gontard Crémant de Bourgogne Brut
My first and this was an unexpected and pleasant surprise. Brought over by my non wine-geek son on Father’s Day along with a couple of other wines. It was a great starter wine. Dry, balanced, light and flavorful fruit, with quite soft bubbles. We chatted and drank and emptied the bottle rather quickly. Recommended.

Not recently, but I have very much liked Peter Lauer Riesling Sekt when I have had it. Also, Huet in the Loire makes excellent sparkling wines.

Duran Gran Reserva
Hinterland Les Etoiles (Prince Edward County)
JCB21 Cremant de Bourgogne

Wonderful topic. Lots of great stuff in champagne but to venture beyond can be liberating. My latest find was Collin Cremant de Limoux Cuvee Rose. Medium dry (6gm dosage), and full of light red fruit and gorgeous bubbles. Nice summer sparkling rose for less than 20 bucks.

Does anyone make a low dosage Cremant?

I always like the Allimant-Laugner Cremant d’Alsace Rose and the Piuze Val de Mer Cremant de Bourgogne is a nice value, too.

Pere Mata cava. Ridiculous value.

Being in WA and selling it, we go thru quite a bit of Treveri Rose Brut and Blanc de Blanc Brut Zero since its local.

Lucien Albrecht Cremant de Loire Rose
Gramona Gran Reserva Cava
Kuentz-Bas Cremant de Loire
Scrhamsberg BdB
Piper Sonoma BdB
House Wine Canned Sparkling Rose
Lambert de Seysel Petite Royal from Savoie

Some fun, inexpensive, and tasty bubbles I’ve been drinking recently.

Flaunt-Sonoma County
We love the stuff

Most Cava is VGV, my go-to category for non champagne bubbles.

Am I wrong, or is there not a lot of Prosecco suggested in this thread? Just sayin’… [stirthepothal.gif]

I’ve noticed not many are suggested. I do believe some excellent Prosecco is being produced but the cost is prohibitive. For example if I want to buy a bottle of Cartizze Prosecco I am dishing out $40-$60 a btl. At that price point I have plenty of options for quality Champagne. It boils down if you prefer the style of Prosecco over the style of Champagne. I don’t.

Roederer Estate Rose recently and was happy with it for the price. I’ve gone through a few bottles of 2009 Huet Petillant Brut and found it to be a good value too. Neither were as complex as some of my favorite champagnes that I can get a very similar price points.

Huet and Pinon in Loire, Il Fortunato in Prosecco, Mongioia in Moscato d’asti

Indeed. My point was at a lower price level, say $20 - $35 Can ( so that’s about $3 us, right Lol). You can get good Cava but I have yet to find a Prosecco that is worthwhile. You may be right that it’s style (or palate) but I find most cheap Prosecco too obviously industrial.

I quite enjoy Chavy-Chouet’s Cremant. I believe he notes it’s a “low dosage”, but I can’t find any confirmatory details.

Rotari Brut Rosé Metodo Classico is something I always try to have in the house. Pinot Noir/Chardonnay blend. Can always find 2013/2014 locally for under $20, and it’s killer bubbly for the price.

I’m a big fan of the Raventos i Blanc de Nit Rose.

Vertice Espumante from Portugal.