Napa winery visiting status update please

We have a trip to Napa from the east coast planned later this month & would appreciate any update on the status of visiting the wineries there since some restrictions have started to be reinstated in CA.

Thanks Joel

I would recommend checking directly at winery websites. They should have the latest news.

Just a heads up that things may indeed change in the coming weeks. The Governor just announced that bars need to close in 7 counties across CA, including LA County, where they are also requiring that wineries and breweries close unless they offer ‘dine in service’. 8 more counties, including Santa Barbara County, have been put on notice that the same may happen here shortly. I would assume that all CA counties may be affected by this in the coming weeks . . .

Cheers.

Read that & that is why I was asking. Thanks for the updates

I cancelled our early June Italy trip and was hoping or dreaming of heading to Napa at the end of July/early August. We are not going anywhere at this point. Good luck.

South Florida or California. Tough choice. Good luck with either .

Or just stay home, Just a thought.

Nope; if they’ll have me, I’m going!

Booked a few tours & tasting in Napa for mid July back in January. Some of the people to join are from Texas. Thus far they aren’t afraid of flying out and doing the tours & tastings, but I’m not feeling it too much. Hold on tight as things across the board most likely are going to change back to March/April/May regulations. Brutal for wineries all around…

from the CDPH as of June 28:

Proposal for Selective Sector Closing of Bars in Counties on the County Monitoring List

from the link above:

_The scope of this action is defined as follows:
\

• Brewpubs, breweries, bars, and pubs, should close until those establishments are allowed to resume operation per state guidance and local permission, unless they are offering sit-down, dine-in meals. Alcohol can only be sold in the same transaction as a meal.
  • Dine-in restaurants, brewpubs, breweries, bars, and pubs that provide sit-down meals should follow the dine-in restaurant guidance (PDF) and should continue to encourage takeout and delivery service whenever possible.
  • Brewpubs, breweries, bars, and pubs that do not provide sit-down meals themselves, but can contract with another vendor to do so, can serve dine-in meals provided both businesses follow the dine-in restaurant guidance (PDF) and alcohol is only sold in the same transaction as a meal.
  • Venues that are currently authorized to provide off sale beer, wine, and spirits to be consumed off premises and do not offer sit-down, dine-in meals should follow the guidance for retail operations (PDF) and offer curbside sales only, until local and/or statewide rules allow additional retail activity.
    Producers of beer, wine, and spirits should follow the guidance for manufacturing operations (PDF).
  • This guidance is not intended for concert, performance, or entertainment venues. Those types of establishments should remain closed until they are allowed to resume modified or full operation through a specific reopening order or guidance. Establishments that serve full meals must discontinue this type of entertainment until these types of activities are allowed to resume modified or full operation.
  • Brewpubs, breweries, bars, and pubs in counties unaffected by this order and whose health officer has approved further reopening may follow the guidance for restaurants, wineries, and bars on the COVID-19 County Roadmap website._

wineries are not mentioned at all in this order. i wonder if that was an oversight or on purpose to allow them to remain open (barring a local agency issuing stricter guidelines)?

Generally wineries are open, but given the procedures to host, there are fewer spots, so make sure to call and book ahead. And when you go, please buy to your heart’s content - they need as much business as possible. Pity buying is highly encouraged.

They were explicitly excluded and are now not being lumped in the bars. In some ways it’s good - but I am weary of how this is going to go . . .

Cheers.

Not CA but jumping in here. We just had a company discussion about what our plans are going to be. We have been open for 2 weeks. We were as busy as we realistically can be on Saturday. We have not had any “nail salon” type issues and everyone has been respectful and pleased that we are open and working at making things safe while still seeming as normal as is possible. If I had to place a bet I would say that if cases keep going up the way they are in Oregon (strictly speaking Oregon has been insanely well off to date so our rise is to about 200 cases a day and that would seem small in lots of other states) Gov. Brown will rescind the opening allowances. I simply wanted to know if people here wanted to beat her to it on our part. It is far more onerous to be open than before. It would cut off a bunch of money but I would rather have people be, you know, alive than cash. The vote was to keep at it. Folks feel safe enough and while the restrictions require irritating levels of cleaning (and we are doing more than is required) it is all not enough yet to pull the plug. We’re not open Saturday (7/4) so I don’t know, barring something odd happening, that we will need to re-visit this discussion next week but we are all thinking about where the line in the proverbial sand is these days.

Well this just got announced.

Stay home.

Gov. Gavin Newsom on Wednesday closed down bars and indoor dining in 19 counties in California, pulling back reopening for more than 70 percent of the population in the state. > He also ordered closed indoor operations in wineries and tasting rooms> , zoos, museums and card rooms.
In Los Angeles County, where the outbreak has been among the most severe in the state, the public health department announced Monday the closure of all “public beaches, piers, public beach parking lots, beach bike paths that traverse that sanded portion of the beach, and beach access points.”

The health department estimates one out of 140 residents in Los Angeles County is currently infectious with the virus, according to Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti.

Beaches will also be closed in Ventura County, northwest of Los Angeles.

Mr. Newsom also said parking lots at state beaches across the state would be closed for the Fourth of July weekend.

Mr. Newsom implored the public to avoid gatherings with people not part of their immediate households during the holiday weekend.

“Patriotism in a Covid-19 environment can be expressed a little bit differently,” he said.

Noting a surge in infections and deaths, Mr. Newsom also announced the establishment of “Enforcement Strike Teams” that will work with local authorities to compel compliance of all public health orders.

Not sure what counties constitute the 19 yet …

Imagine flying cross country during a pandemic because you just can’t wait to visit some touristy tasting rooms. The tasting rooms will be there next year (well, most of them at least). Drink your wine at home.

Looks like the following 19 counties are being forced to close restaurants and tasting rooms:

Contra Costa
Fresno
Glenn
Imperial
Kern
Kings
Los Angeles
Merced
Orange
Riverside
Sacramento
San Bernardino
San Joaquin
Santa Barbara
Santa Clara
Solano
Stanislaus
Tulare
Ventura

Restaurants = indoors only

I would second this.

So you will travel cross country for 6 hours on a plane that is full because the airlines refuse to practice social distancing. Hope to go to a few Napa wineries because you are sick of staying at home?

Helping the economy at least !!!