Ultramarine Email

Sounds interesting

I want to apologize in advance as we don’t normally email outside of our normal releases but we have been getting quite a few inquiries that I wanted to touch on. The first and foremost is that we will release the 2016 as is normal on September 8th, day after Labor Day. We did make slightly more wine, so if you do not get an initial offering, we will be releasing to the waitlist on a weekly basis until sold out. We do expect that many of you will not get an allocation but we are being as fair as possible based on the length of time on our list…Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

Additionally, we’ve had a few requests about the dosage trial I’ve been doing for Cruse. If you’re interested, and it has been a tremendous amount of fun to do. I am hosting the next, and probably last one for the summer, on July 7th at 4PM. It includes overnight shipping and two bottles of Cruse Tradition for enjoyment before, after, or during. We have a limited amount so we’d encourage acting quickly by clicking the button below.

Thank you for your attention and wishing you and yours health.

Cheers,
Michael

Been purchasing since the 2011 vintage. Easy buy. Wines priced at ~$75 each, and then immediately shoot up to $200+ in the aftermarket. Not that I flip, but nice to know the value is there.

At least they emailed to say you MAY not get an allocation. Glimmer of hope. Stuff is quite delicious and would love to be included on the allocation this time around. champagne.gif

3 Likes

Same, my wife particularly loves their Rose. Anyone know how long the waitlist is?

2 Likes

Signed up for the dosage trial

sold out

1 Like

Asked a year or two ago and they said it’s not exact but likely 8 years give or take.

Please let me know if anyone is willing to share a bottle or two. Would greatly appreciate it !!
Thanks

1 Like

I signed up for the list with the last cohort to get an allocation right away about 3 years ago, no idea how long it’ll take now.

Huh, no email for me. On UM list and regular buyer since 2013.

Dennis, I didn’t get an email either. Several from Cruse, but none from Ultramarine.

Same. Interesting. Maybe coming in a second batch/tier

Long time buyer. Didn’t get it either. Maybe it was a blast to the waiting list.

I got this email! Don’t recall hearing from them in 4-5 years. I did sign up before the 2012s were released and might or might not have gotten an offer then. Nothing since.

Mine went to junk/spam folder. By the time I opened, the dosage trial Was sold out already.

1 Like

It has not been released yet.
The release date is Sept 8th.

I did the dosage trial the first time around back at the beginning of June and had a really good time/found it interesting. Definitely a unique experience for sure.

Anyone else doing the dosage trial tonight?

1 Like

Andre, We will raise a glass, errr 4 of them, in your honor then tonight!

Steve, The wife and I will be there tonight.

I have no clue when I signed up for Ultramarine, but it’s something I know I would have done.

the dosage trial event is a great time - fun and educational (confirmed what I suspected, that my taste preference is strongly for lower dosage). a few tidbits that Michael Cruse said that people may find interesting:

• Ultramarine is still not profitable, 12 years in…
  • Ultramarine wait list is currently 2-3 years, but they are making more wine so he expressed hope that it would come down.
  • his personal favorite Ultramarine vintage: the 2011 Rose.
  • his “last meal wine”: a champagne from Marie-Noelle Ledru.