Auction Of Chateau Margaux etc: proceeds to go to Jose Andres World food kitchen

I had a few items left over from my Heritage auction in September, and this seemed to be a good way of disposing of them. There are some pretty desirable wines here which have been divided into five lots. Apart from the Margaux, the California lot is fun, and the Montrose 1970 is a bit of a sleeper.

It is a good cause, and I am hoping to raise some decent money for them. Please bid high and often.

https://wine.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?N=2003+793+794+792+2088+4294943664+4294967030&type=friend-consignorlive-notice
Please note change to benefitting charity and the reason in post 3

Thanks for posting this Mark. It is especially helpful to know they’re from your cellar.

Well it looks like my local hospital has stopped feeding the front line workers.
Proceeds to be donated to Jose Andres World Food Kitchen. A brilliant cause, combining getting restaurant workers back to work, and feeding the hungry

Mark, you set a stellar example for us all, not just your charitable efforts but those are indeed especially worthy of praise. Thank you!

Jonathan

Thanks, Jonathan.
Also thank Todd. Auction items are not usually permitted on the boards, but he kindly agreed to let it go forward.

Just opened a 1970 Montrose two nights ago. I’ve had this wine several times and apart from one bad bottle, the rest have been really impressive. Lots of cherry, just a bit on the jammy side, and improved over 2+ hours. I put half the bottle in the fridge and finished the next night, same great shape.

Thanks for doing this Mark. I first met you many years ago at a Montrose vertical where I remember the 1970 being a star!

Birth year for my better half and a good cause…I guess one time I won’t be upset if someone outbids me.

Tomorrow is the last day. We have already raised $1580.:Hopefully some spirited last minute bidding.

Final tally was $2181. Check from auction house arrived today, and was sent on. A big thank you to those who participated.