TN: '18 Kelley Fox Barbie Pinot Blanc

Light gold, herbal sage like nose with lemon and bizarrely enough something like consomme’, delicate entry but then medium bodied plus on the finish, with a dry extract finish, this is exotic, regal, majestic, etherial, not-to-be-missed stuff.

Folks will rethink Pb.

Agreed…thanks for the notes.

I loved the '19.

Cheers,
Warren

Great note Mitch! As much as I adore the pinots, and I adore them a hell of alot!!! the PB’s (both the FH and this Barbie designate) are what I think of first when KF wines are mentioned. We are set to taste there Tuesday along with Patty Green later in the day, should be a good time to say the least. Also the Barbie labels are really something.

thanks for this note. Ive put it in my cart on her site and then wandered away and forgotten about it so many times now. need to grab some.

I’m really curious about the Nerthus blend of Gruner and Muscat as well!

just as a quick note: the main difference between this and the Freedom Hill PB is that this was raised in Acacia barrels and the Freedom Hill labelled bottling is in oak. does that about sum it up?

I saved a good portion of the bottle, more than a third, for today. No cork or other closure whatsoever overnight. It is still powerfully aromatic but I am no longer getting consomme’ and instead it seems to be all white flower and citrus. It has lost nothing on the palate but the finish is softer with the dry extract gone. My guess is that this will get better over three to four years and hold for a few more but again, that is a complete guess.