TN: 2018 Kobayashi Winery Viognier WeatherEye

• 2018 Kobayashi Winery Viognier WeatherEye - USA, Washington, Columbia Valley, Horse Heaven Hills (7/5/2020)
    Decanted 2 hrs as pre Travis A’s rec. Served with a crab cake / golden beet / avocado / and toasted almond salad, this was a home run paring. All heads turned quickly at the table to see what we were drinking, as the paring was seamless. As to the wine itself, pretty much seamless as well, agree with others citing a strong tangerine trait, very clear, focused with terrific mineral thrust. More acid that I usually see with Viognier, and the finish pushed a fantastic blast of ginger to round things out. Loved this. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Sounds great Dale!

What do you know about this winery??

Hi Dave, Kobayashi is the passion project of a friend Travis Allen, who does hop on WB from time to time. Hopefully he sees this thread and can give it to you straight from the source.

Dale,

Terrific note! Mirrors the experience I had with it about a month ago. Just as good as the Andre Perret 2015 Clos Chanson we had last week, albeit in a more intellectual way. Amazing first vintage from a winery and winemaker destined for great things!

Thank you for that awesome note!

I love this grape.

Yikes.

I thought I would go shop for some. That ain’t gonna happen, even on Wine Searcher.

I went and signed up at the winery. Thank you for turning me on to this! [cheers.gif]

Anton,

The release is usually mid to late July so I’d keep a lookout in your email. Travis also made a 2017 Marsanne that completely blew us away!