#rieslingstudy - July 4th 2020

1.) 2009 Breuer Berg Schlossberg - white pineapple, reminded me of a top Austrian Grüner. White pepper, spice, honey, mineral, bitter - a beguiling wine that is a real shapeshifter

———————
2.) 2013 Keller Hubacker - A favorite vintage for me of Hubacker - various green elements with exotic fruits and minerals - in a beautiful place

———————
3.) 2015 Lauer Schonfels - day one shows both the ripeness of the vintage with depth and acidity, day two glorious and in perfect harmony

———————
4.) 2015 Schäfer-Fröhlich Stromberg - Pink grapefruit. Light sponti. Fantastic energy and tension. Wonderful wine. Schäfer-Fröhlich is easily in my top 3 GG producers.

15s continue to be open but based on these two latest data points are only getting better.

Thanks.

My pleasure, do you drink much of the top Breuer dry wines? Still trying to get my head around these wines.

No. Pricing is such that my local guys will only bring it in if I buy the full 6 packs. Too rich.

Yeah their distribution in the U.S. and historical pricing has made it tough to follow the wines. At the moment, they are all the rage in Germany.

Quite so. And about time. Extremely hard to find better dry Riesling

I was floored by the recent auction prices.