TN: 2007 Dönnhoff Niederhäuser Hermannshöhle Riesling Spätlese

• 2007 Dönnhoff Niederhäuser Hermannshöhle Riesling Spätlese - Germany, Nahe (7/6/2020)
    One of those times were the food pairing was so good, its hard to carve out the wine as a standalone and write a note, I’ll do my best. Yes, not the most acidic Spatlese one could choose but the package as a whole was dyn-o-mite. Ripe peach and nectarine notes carry a slight honeyed edge, a small drizzle perhaps. I had a hard time detecting sweetness as again this paired so well with the triple header of grilled pork steaks (marinated in fish sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and lots of lime juice) and wild herb salad. Crispy black pepper and turmeric wings, and lemon ricotta on charred peppers and cucumber salad. Apologies, shameless plug for the chef there. Anyway, a Hermannshohle rarely disappoints, and certainly not the case last night. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

download (16).png
download (14).png
download (15).png

Riesling and wings is one of my absolute favorite pairings. Good choice.

Excellent wine and love the pork seasonings.

Great post on how a beautiful Riesling integrates so well with various spiced meats. Nom nom nom… Looks/sounds amazing.

Had this wine a few months ago and agree completely. It is dynamite. Not sure whether to hold the last one or drink it because it’s so good now.