Aubert

This is a friendly reminder that you will have priority access to the Fall 2020 wine allocations beginning Thursday, July 9th at 9:00 am PDT. An auto-login link will be provided via email, which is the quickest and easiest way to access your allocation. This release is for our 2018 Single Vineyard Pinot Noirs, 2018 Hudson Vineyard Chardonnay, and our Appellation Chardonnays, 2018 Carneros and 2019 Russian River. flirtysmile

I just got offered my first bottles in January and have opened two so far. Will definitely be loading up on pinots this time around.

Just curious, any idea when you moved from “regular” access to “priority” access? (My ordering period starts next Tuesday, the 14th.)

I have tried to be a loyal and hearty purchaser, but have only been on the list for 18 months (this will be my 4th release), so I don’t expect it will be any time soon for me.

I don’t know how long it takes to get “priority access” but the 2 releases are tracked separately. I buy Chardonnay almost exclusively and have priority access for the spring, Chardonnay release and not for the fall, primarily Pinot Noir release. I do order in the fall to get the Hudson and appellation Chardonnays and the occasional Pinot Noir, but spend a lot more $$ in the spring.

Mark,
I’ve been buying off the list since at least '04, always multiple cases/and maggies, mostly Chards.
I don’t know when I was put on “priority”.

This is my firs crack at the pinots also, so my window opens on the 14th, too. I bought 18 bottles of chards in the Spring so I’ll be happy with just a few pinots.

Went light due to storage shortage .
2018 Hudson Vineyard Carneros Chardonnay 750mL
2018 UV Vineyard Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir 750mL

Aubert is one of the wineries that I like so much I prepare for the pain.

Delish.

Damn!
Something Anton & I agree on !!! [wow.gif]

In that case, give the Peter Michael and Hyde Winery chards a try, amigo!

Oh, and Tres Perlas Brown Ranch chard…so good.

Ditto. Maxed my allocation as usual. [cheers.gif]

Had them, only one that comes close to Aubert Lauren is the Peter Michael Point Rouge and it is pricey ! [drinkers.gif]

Probably one of the few Ca Chardonnays that are in a Grand Cru Class of their own. Have had it several times and honestly I am not sure why i would pay the freight for Burgundy Grand Crus when this wine is so much less $ and equally thrilling. Don’t know if the aging profile is nearly the same but if you don’t have to wait?

IMHO for some reason there are a lot more white Burgs at the 1er and village level that kick the ass of most Cali Chardonnays. They almost always seem more complex and interesting. But when you get to this level, along with Kongsgaard and the best of Rhys Alpine along with a couple of others, not sure why I would spend $500 or more on Coche or big hitter Montrachets. If I were not so averse to getting on more mailers, this would probably be at the top of my list.

Anybody else see it the same way or am I a religion of 1?

Maxed my allocation and very happy to do so.

Religion of 2! [cheers.gif]

Note to mods: we need an emoji toasting with white wine, and maybe using different stems that people can choose amongst.

Religion of 3!

flirtysmile ,The Preacher !

Yeah, that Point Rouge is all of $225 off the mailing list!

I love the Aubert chards as well, but in what I guess is a bit of a backhanded compliment I consider them a guilty pleasure. But that doesn’t stop me from buying approx 3-6 bottles each release from a friend on the list.

What surprises me is that my friend isn’t privy to this priority release. He says he gets his allocation on 7/14. This despite him buying 1 to 2 cases each release since the '08 vintage. Sounds like a good customer to me!

I’ve been buying since the 2004 release. Tracked my purchase history and it totals $25,561…not chump change, and I’m not on the “priority” list? What the hell does it take to get on that?

Ok, so now I know the answer to my question.

I have the 12th of Never circled on my calendar!

In the meantime, I will keep enjoying those wines and being a “regular” list guy!