What Burgundy villages do you have the most wine from?

Separate red from white. Count all wines from the village, including grand crus, premier crus and village wines. Do not count Bourgogne rouge even if the vineyards is near a village.

For me, for reds:

1. Gevrey Chambertin
  2. Morey St. Denis
  3. Volnay
  4. Virtual tie among Beaune, Chambolle and Vosne Romanee (I included Flagey Grand Crus as part of VR)

Of interest, my holdings of Chassagne red are now about at the same level as my wines from Pommard and Aloxe-Corton and more than my wines from NSGs.

I was a bit surprised looking at this. I would have thought I had more MSD and Volnay than GC, but I have a good bit of assorted Grand Crus from GC that put it over the top.

For whites,

Chassagne Montrachet
Meursault
Chablis
Puligny Montrachet
Aloxe Corton

Here I am really surprised at how much CM has come to dominate my whites. Half of my whites come from CM. If I had combined red and white, CM would have come in fourth, behind only GC, MSD and Volnay.

I don’t have a lot of Burgundy (and next to no whites, due to premox concerns, which is disappointing because I really like white Burgundy), but I’ll play anyway.

1. Volnay, by one bottle over…
  2. Gevrey Chambertin
  3. Pommard (mainly Comte Armand).

I was expecting Gevrey Chambertin because I have a bit of Chambertin grand cru (because it’s less expensive grand cru), but I guess Volnay won because it’s a cheaper premier cru.

Am I correct in guessing that Beaune is high in your rankings because you have a bunch of Domaine Dublere?

I have a small collection because I’m relatively new to Burgundy, but:

1. Chambolle
  2. Gevrey
  3. Vosne/Flagey
  4. Chassagne
  1. Volnay
  2. Chambolle
  3. NSG
  4. Vosne-Romanee

Much more Jadot and Bouchard. I have more other wines from Dublere - whites, MSD, Volnay, even Chorey-les-Beaune.

Chambolle
MdT(Chablis)

Apparently My focus has been very single minded.
For reds:

1. Volnay - 10 cases
  2. Tie Gevrey & Savigny - 2 cases
  3. Everything else (less than one case)

White:

1. Chablis - 7 cases
  2. everything else (less than one case)

Agreed. Next try MSD.

this is a newb question, but what’s the CT filter to find this?

i have it by region (burg) and appellation, but then that separates things like MSD and MSD 1er cru…

how do u get it to village level?

Add up MSD, MSD premier cru and each grand cru within MSD.

There is a thread on here about MSD that I bookmarked and I have several of the producers flagged for future purchases. I hope to make them a contender for 2nd place eventually.

It would be wonderful if CT had ‘village’ or ‘commune’ as a data field/level between sub-region and appellation. Would work for Piedmont as well!

reds:
Savigny
Beaune
Rully

whites (not counting Chablis):
St Aubin
Rully
Pernand

I’m cheap.
Cote de Nuits is expensive.
Meursault-Puligny-Chassagne are expensive.

Dan Kravitz

Vosne 1er by a bunch.
Then all pretty close between
Chambolle 1er
Beaune 1er
Volnay 1er

Not sure how things are affected by adding in some GC’s if you want just commune’s

:exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:. This requires math?? :cry::man_facepalming:

This is a fun one!

Chambolle
Vosne
Gevrey
Nuits
Volnay

Chambolle
Volnay
Vosne
Aloxe Corton

1. Nuit St. Georges
  2. Gevrey