TN: 2014 Clos Roche Blanche Touraine Cuvée Gamay (France, Loire Valley, Touraine)

• 2014 Clos Roche Blanche Touraine Cuvée Gamay - France, Loire Valley, Touraine (7/8/2020)
    This is more like it. Pure harmonious nose, pure velvety palate coating minerality with a long plummy finish. Young but delicious.

Lesson learned, for now drink and hold 2011s and 2014s. Hold on 2010s and 2013s.

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the recent spate of CRB notes Jay. Unfortunately I’m down to my last few bottles. As a data point, a 2009 Gamay drank very well recently. I’d say it was “drink or hold” at this point. Not sure it will improve but didn’t seem to be going downhill yet either.

Thanks for the note. A friend and I have been planning a CRB night soon and your notes will help me decide on my contributions.

2009s have been amazing for years now. I don’t see that changing any time soon :slight_smile:

True, though sadly it was my last of the 2009 Gamay. I have one bottle of 2009 Cabernet left, and maybe some Arpent Rouge, which may be well past its prime as I’ve no idea how the pineau d’Aunis ages!

You guys are rubbing in your geekiness! Ugh, I have none of this elixir!

I can safely predict two things about a Clos Roche Blanche TN on WB:

1. It is likely penned by Jay Miller
  2. It will be a thoughtful, evocative note that makes me want to drink that wine.

Thanks Jay. Hope you and A are well

T