2018 Roy Piper offer out!

I was surprised no one wrote a thread…if I missed it, I truly apologize. This is my favorite Cali Cab with the exception of Spottswoode. I was lucky enough to talk with Roy last night for about 15 minutes (What a humble, terrific guy) and he shared a couple of wonderful, upcoming treats. I don’t want to divulge as it is not my place, but buyers are going to have some amazing opportunities coming up.

I’m pretty sure this is just a small first wave of folks. Roy has had a lot on his plate of late and having been fortunate to try the 18 out of barrel a few times, he’s smart to release slowly as I’m sure the demand is greater than the supply.

Piper, William and Mary, and MacDonald are the top three cabs I have discovered thanks to this place! (Rivers Marie, Ceritas, Myriad/Quivet/Becklyn are up there, as well.)

The videos Roy Piper makes are awesome and have been a real education.

I couldn’t agree more Anton, love his videos!

Terrific wine!
Order in.
Also love the videos.

I hope I get lucky and get something allocated… keep hearing good things about RP and his wines so am dying to get some

Haven’t received the open email yet but I recall Roy saying in a previous email that he’d begin releases today. Looking forward to being allocated some hopefully.

I hear a lot of praise for Roy Piper on this site, but haven’t tasted any yet. What style is it in? How does it compare to other Cabs?

Just got my order in! Really excited for these! Thanks so much Roy! [cheers.gif]

Hoping I make the list. I was offered back vintages earlier this summer, but no offer on the ‘18

Roy is a participant on the forums if you search his name. He also puts out great videos. I would say Roy doesn’t partially go down a rabbit hole. He is the white rabbit and the king of hearts. He makes a blend, but it’s top vineyards that go in it:

Got the e-mail a few days ago, got distracted, but ordered today. Great guy, great wine.

Got a 14, 16 and 18. Thank you, Roy! Can’t wait to try these!

Ya, Roy is the man. Order in!

Got my email today and promptly ordered a three pack. I guess? I missed 2017 not sure how but the email was warm and friendly letting me know I missed and got this offer as a last chance before offering to waiting list customers. Tip of the cap to Roy for not just dumping customers to get to the next one. Not sure what happened but glad I got the chance to order again!! Loved the 2012 I had a few months back!!

Spoke to him last week and ordered !

Does this mean Roy is still planning to make an offer to the wait list?

If there are still bottles remaining after the most recent tranche offered yesterday (to folks who had acquired of multiple offerings in the past, but skipped the 2017 offering), then those bottles would be offered to the “true waiting list”. As of the email announcement recd yesterday, there were 224 bottles remaining.

I’m new to this wine and Roy was nice enough to call me and offer an allocation of 14, 16, 18. He couldn’t of been nicer and am happy I purchased.

I did same. Looking forward to trying.